24. Nature

"Stupid ass nature," Micah grumbles

I muffle my chuckle. Guess who's not happy about the four-hour nature walk today.

"No, seriously!" he starts again. "I have a plant at home! Isn't that fucking enough?"

My eyes meet Aiden's amused one, and we lose it at the same time. We start chuckling, and Ada and Seb join us quickly, leaving a scowling Micah alone in his grumbles. 

Okay, fair enough, I hate walking too. But at least Stansley's still mad at me—never thought I'd be happy with that—so he partnered me with these four again. Sure, we need to fill in an actual form right now, but that's fine. 

And, a plus, we get an ice cream if we do this correctly. Sure, it's freezing, but an ice cream is always nice!

"What's the next question?" Micah grumbles, his brows knit together. I decide to ignore his grumpy ass and focus back on the paper. "Um. What's the difference between these two plants?"

Seb snorts, but doesn't say anything. I give him a quick glance. "Let me guess, they're the same?" The two names are very different, but that's because one is Latin and the other isn't.

He shrugs. "I wouldn't know." I give him a scowl. Asshole.

"You know, I'm the one working for your ice cream. You could at least help me with answers you know," I mutter. The corner of his mouth tilts. "The students of my class surely know the answer."

I groan and drag a hand over my face. Seriously? This again? "I told you it wasn't me!" 

Ada comes in between. "Alright, Shaggy, chill out. Sebastian, tell him the right answer." While I slightly smile, Seb is now the one scowling. "Yes. They're the same," he grits out. Then he starts mocking Ada behind her back.

Dear God help me.

Aiden chuckles, sending me a wink. "You've got yourself in trouble, Aaron. Run while you still can. It's too late for me, but I'll sacrifice myself."

I nod, playing along and giving him the papers. "I'll be grateful forever." I run off, laughing and looking over my shoulder to see Seb and Micah jogging after me. Ada and Aiden are laughing at them.

"Wait! Wait! No!" I gasp, trying to run faster than the two goddamn beasts looking ready to attack me, but failing. "Wait, hey—" And I'm tackled.

Face down in the snow, I feel them on my back. "There you go," Micah snorts. Lucky for me, they're not that sadistic, so they turn me with my face up. I start laughing, relieving both of them.

Well, I like this kind of laying in the snow. I've had worse encounters with the white hell.

I hear a click and see Ada with her phone pointed at the three of us. Turning around again, I hide my face, still snickering. "No! I don't look good on pictures!"