1. Oh no

Tw: Homophobic language (tbh, there's lots of that in this book so this is a one time tw)

"Everyone, stay the fuck calm!"

I glance up at our principal yelling at the front of our bus. Why is he yelling? Everyone is silent. And are principals even allowed to swear?

Sighing, I slump back in my seat. I think this is all too childish—a school trip in college? Come on. And it's mid-February, what the hell will we do?

My backpack is on the seat next to me, since no one wants to sit there. I don't mind, this way I can do the things I want without having to worry if someone might see it.

I scan the bus again. Ezra and Silas are more in the middle, so that means I'm safe for a while. Wouldn't want them to pick on me for six hours straight. 

The principle, mister Stansley, seems the most stressed of all of us. If I weren't seated that far away from him, I'm sure I could see the sweat dripping from his forehead.

Shivering, I open my backpack, searching my phone. When I can't find it, I frown. I had it just now, where did it go?

But it's okay. I have brought a book with me, so I'll read for now. It's probably on the bottom of my backpack.

With the principal's yelling fading on the background, I bury my nose in my book. I'm smart enough to have made a new cover, which I can wrap around my slightly inappropriate one. 

Okay, they're straight up fucking.

"Mister Bright!" I startle, looking up. Principal Stansley is looking at me, just like everyone else on the bus. My cheeks redden. "W-what?"

He glares. "I'd appreciate it if you listened to the rules, just like anyone else has to do." I sheepishly nod and close my book.

I hear laughter coming from Ezra's and Silas' side, but don't look. It'd only embarrass me further. 

"People! We're on our way to the airport, as you hopefully know. From there, we're flying to Arizona. We'll be staying close to the Grand canyon in little houses, so be sure to know with who you'll be making a group of four or five."

Shit. I literally have no friends.

I look around. Three girls are together, looking for someone to stay with them. I would, if only boys and girls were allowed together. I think that's ridiculous.

My eyes search for someone else. Four boys are laughing with each other, they seem cool. I sit up a little straighter and intend to get up and go to them, but they just call out to some Zack guy, who joins.

I look behind us on the road, seeing the two other busses. Maybe there's a group of three there? I certainly hope so, given I don't want to end with either teachers or Silan and Ezra. Ain't no way.

Mister Stansley claps in his hands, gaining the attention again. "I want everyone to listen!" he shouts, once again.

I stop the attempt to roll my eyes. For fuck's sake, just leave us alone. We all graduated from high school and are literally in college, we know how to not die.

But yeah. He goes on talking about which rules to follow, but I zone out. It's literally the same as at campus.

Then he's finally done, and I can go on reading my book. I frown, trying to concentrate but hearing too much noise. Why is everyone so loud?

I sigh and reach for my backpack, deciding I should put in earbuds with some music. I wanted to get the battery to last, but I can't read like this.

I frown when I can't find it again. How fast does it sink to the bottom?

But even with my sweater and drinks out of my bag, I can't find my phone. It's not in here.

In a panic, I feel all my pockets. Nothing.

Did I leave it at my dorm this morning? No, I'm pretty sure I had it before getting on the bus. Then where the fuck is it?

I check the pockets of my jacket again, but nope. Anxiety and panic fill my veins. Oh no.

My eyes scan the bus and land on the two guys in front of the bus. They're laughing a lot, and Ezra has a phone in his hands. It doesn't take me long to understand what's going on.

I get up and walk towards them. I usually avoid them as much as I can, but I need my phone and they have it.

"Look! Just look at his Google history!" Silas laughs. I freeze. No no no.

Masochism

Masochism test

BDSM performance

BDSM clubs

"I always knew that fag was a bottom, but this just confirms it!" Ezra wheezes. A knot ties harder in my stomach. 

Then they see me standing, three seats away, and lose it again. I swallow down the lump in my throat and take the final steps to their seats. "Can I maybe have my phone back?" I ask, but my voice is small. At least I didn't stutter this time.

Silas smirks, "Yeah, to watch gay porn, hm?" I wince. "N-no, I just need to--" "Ah, boys, you're a group?" the principal asks, passing by with a paper in his hands. My eyes widen. "N-" "Yes, we are, sir," Ezra nods.

Panic takes over, once again. "No, we're--" "We're five, though. Is that a problem, sir?" Silas asks, giving me a warning look.

No. No no no. They can't be my group. This trip is gonna be hell.

Principal Stansley nods at him and then at me. "Completely fine, mister Bright. No worries," he winks at me and goes on. Sweat clams in my hands.

Ezra grins and gives me my phone. "Hello, roomie." I want to slap the smug grin off his face, but I won't. He's not worth it, and besides, it'll only get worse if I do that.

"Are you sure you feel safe with me around?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow. If they are gonna judge me because I'm bisexual, then yes, I'm gonna get that back to them.

Silas smirks. "You're a bottom, no one has to worry around you." I close my eyes and turn around, ready to go back to my seat and just forget about it for now.

While I walk back, I hear a friend of them call out to me. "Yo, fag, make sure to not get a boner around me, yeah? Or I'll beat the shit outta you!"

Laughter fills the bus and I feel my shoulders slump. My cheeks redden in embarassment. Then I hear Silas chuckle, "Don't, he'd enjoy that," and I just want to die.

Why can't I ever get a break from them?