Chapter Twenty-Four

Seokjin's Pov:

"Not only are the babies doing well, but so are you! I am happy to see that." As he assisted me in sitting up on the bed, Jimin informed me. "How have you been feeling? Have you been experiencing a lack of energy?"

Wouldn't it have been more appropriate for him to ask me these questions before he told me I was doing well? I am interested in learning about his background and how he became a doctor.

"I am doing fine."

"That's nice to hear since I had the impression that Mr. Jeon would be with you today, which is why I didn't object to the visit taking place in the office. If I had known things would turn out differently, I would have visited you instead."

I don't know why everyone believed I needed to be confined to the home while they were allowed to go anywhere they pleased outdoors. What difference does it make if Jungkook isn't here? Is going to the doctor's office alone a punishable offense?

After adjusting my clothing, I stood up from the bed and glanced at Jimin. My nerves settled down as I gazed at him, and it was very difficult for me to act impolitely toward him. He was charming and good-looking, even though he lacked some skills and knowledge where he needed it most.

"Jungkook is not my bodyguard, nor is it necessary for him to follow me everywhere I go. I can go to my appointments on my own; moreover, he is too busy being a CEO to worry about me or my appointments."

I go to most of my appointments alone, at home or in the office, so I am not sure why he was expecting Jungkook to be there suddenly.

"I understand. However, I think he worries about you and the appointments as he usually calls me before and after."

"Why?"

"Well, it's just to check in."

Lies.

"Are you afraid of him?"

Jimin looked away from me, "I wouldn't say I am afraid of him, but-"

"You are afraid of him. Got it, now why does he call you before and after my appointments?"

"Well, he often calls ahead of time to find out my treatment plan before I meet with you. I also have to go over the previous visit with him because he wants to compare whether or not I thoroughly recalled what I had told him previously, and then he will let me know if it matched up correctly. Before I can disclose the findings of your blood work with you, I have to first go through them with him.

After each appointment, I must follow up with him by providing him with an update on what transpired, as well as advising him of the subsequent appointment and the purpose of the appointment. Oh, and I am required to inform him at all times of the location of each baby, in addition to providing my assessment of your overall health."

Where did he find time to do all of this? That was my first thought.

"So, did you talk to him before this appointment?"

"Yes, it was at that point that I realized you were going to come by yourself."

At the very least, it seems that he is concerned.

"Okay, thanks for letting me know. My husband is busy; as you know, being a CEO takes a lot of work. Well, maybe you don't know, but it does. He, however, always makes me a priority, as you can see, to think of our babies and me."

As Jimin gazed at me, I heard him laugh and remark, "Mr. Jeon was absolutely right when he said you are one of a kind."

Wait, they talk about me?