Chapter Six

"Babe, are you okay?"

Jimin stopped looking at the screen of his laptop long enough to glance over to his husband and announce, "I was just offered a million dollars."

Namjoon got up from his seat and came over to his spouse and sat next to him. He took a quick peek at Jimin's laptop before turning his attention back to him and asking, "what are you talking about?"

"Jeon Jungkook has just made a kind offer of one million dollars for me to serve as the main physician to the man who is now giving birth to their child."

"You?"

"Yes, I know. He stopped by the office earlier and handed me a letter written by his attorney that detailed the ways in which he might ruin my whole professional career-"

"Had he made a threat against you?" Namjoon stood up and became more distressed by what he was listening to.

Jimin grabbed him and said, "Baby, have a seat here. It was not intended as a threat. It was an accurate statement. It is a miracle that I am still employed at this point if I am being really honest. Before his appearance today, I was confused about why none of them had taken legal action against me. He explained that even though I made a mistake, it was a mistake that benefited him, so he was giving me a chance to demonstrate that I was a qualified doctor and would have his lawyer send over an agreement to me tonight. I have read it, and according to what it says, I am to be the only doctor who treats the man who is now expecting a child and looks after him until he gives birth. I am not permitted to see any other patients; I am only authorized to see him."

Namjoon returned to his seat and placed his hand on Jimin's thigh before asking, "well, what are your thoughts? Would you be able to carry out such an action? Does he know that you are pregnant? We had an agreement that you would cease working after the eighth month."

"I know, but this man is one month ahead of me, so it would be good," Jimin sighed. "For one million dollars, it would be really helpful to us. We will be able to save money for our future child and pay off our mortgage and student loans. The offer is rather reasonable and extremely generous when all things are considered. I really don't know how the guy would react, though."

"If Jungkook has asked you to be the doctor, the other person may be fine with the idea. It is quite strange, but I am certain they would have discussed it. I have an old friend who is now an attorney, and I can have him check this over to make sure there isn't anything wrong with accepting it. Print off that agreement, and I'll have him look it over."

"He requires it before the close of business tomorrow."

"We attended the same university, so I should be able to obtain his contact information. I have no doubt that he can provide this service for us for a small fee. I don't want you to sign something that will damage us. Also, if you were to lose either your soul or your license, I would choose the former. It is common knowledge that Jungkook engages in ruthless business deals. I have been told that he purchases many other businesses while being ruthless. However, those who work for him call him an authentic leader, so I don't know."

"I know, to tell you the truth, he is rather terrifying. I am curious as to what it was that brought him and his spouse to see me in the first place."

"You are a fantastic doctor, Jimin. Although there was that one oversight, on the whole, you have been an excellent physician, and your reviews may be found online speak very well of you. In fact, it is most likely that Jungkook's spouse was the one who selected the doctors. After viewing your photo online, I am certain that he was most likely captivated by you. I am aware that this is how most of your patients find you."