Monty

Time stamp- Season 1.
Background- You and Monty were given orders to stay back and work on the drop ship while others hunt for food.

——————

"Shit," you muttered under your breath as smoke coughed up from the wires you were working on. You had probably blown a fuse somewhere that would take forever to find, considering the wires disappeared deep within the drop ship.

From the corner of your eye, you could see Monty's head pop up as the curse drew his attention towards your workspace.

You fiddled with the wires, tugging them as far as they would go in order to survey how much damage had been done to them, all the while stealing glances at the dark haired boy.

You pretended not to notice, but Monty slowly was making his way toward you, not moving too fast lest he startle you and irritate you more.

You could see him progressing at near turtle pace, and it was starting to grade on you. You loosed an irritated sigh and waved your arms, motioning him forward.

"Well, come over if you want."

You let your arms fall to your sides and turned to look at him. He seemed to fall still at your stare, as if it had struck him and was holding him in place. Like the sheer thought of moving would cause him to slip in and out of realities and make you frustrated with him, and god forbid he made you angry.

He seemed to snap out of his mood and scuttled forward, right on up to your workspace.

He was an attractive gentleman; his hair fell into that perfect glossy swoop just above his eyes and his clothes smelled of fresh forest with a small hint of cologne. You'd noticed those things years ago, when your cells were next to each other on the Ark.

But now, you were off the Ark, and any memories prior to the last two days were worthless. So worthless, you'd wondered if you remembered them correctly at all.

Nonetheless, you couldn't help but turn your head a little closer as the scent of him wafted up into your nose, penetrated your defenses and seeping into your very veins.

He was everywhere and nowhere all at once, toying with you, teasing you, daring you to make a move.

"Need help?" He asked innocently, but his words were laced with a certain playfulness you hadn't heard since you were on the Ark. Perhaps the old friendship was rekindling itself now that you had more time together?

"Um," you stuttered, playing for time as his scent once again blurred your senses, catching you by surprise. Had he always smelled this good?

You were seated at one of the long tables inside the drop ship, your legs draped over opposite sides of the same stool. Monty was close now, standing just behind you, peering over your shoulder at the fizzled-up wires in your hands.

You knew he was watching your body language to see how you'd react to him standing so close, and the thought of him so near made your heartbeat quicken.

And all of a sudden, this feral, primal urge to touch him, be near him, kiss him- it was all too much.

You dropped the wires onto the table and buried your head in your hands for a moment, letting loose a low groan at your frustration because of the wires and, well, him.

Nothing was going right. Monty quieted for a minute, and you were about to ask if he was still there when soft fingertips brushed across your bare shoulder.

The touch was soft and innocent and comforting, but despite all the well-meaning behind the simple gesture, it still sent sparks trailing across your smooth skin.

You melted into his touch, so deprived of physical touch for so long that the feeling was overwhelming and just perfect simultaneously.

You turned, swiveling on your chair so you could actually see him and were met with the most brilliant deep pair of brown eyes you'd ever seen or cared to look at.

Monty's casual smirk flicked across his face, pulling his mouth to the side.

"You know, a beginner could fix that," he joked, nodding his head toward the wires.

You rolled your eyes and lightly shoved him backwards with a hand on his chest. He looked taken aback, albeit amused. He began shaking his head and coming closer.

"Oh no, you're not gonna get away with that so easily, (y/n)."

Your smile disappeared quickly as he lunged for your ribs with his fingers, jabbing and poking and tickling you so you arched back against the table, trying to get away from his merciless fingers.

"Monty!" You shrieked through the giggles, unable to contain your laughter as he leaned into you to get better access to your stomach. He bent low so that his hair tickled your cheek as he attacked your rib cage, your cries of laughter still echoing through the drop ship.

"Monty! Please- I- I can't breath," you panted, trying to gulp down as much air as you could muster. Monty's tickling ceased long enough for you to inhale a number of times.

Tired from trying to keep him at bay, you leaned forward in exhaustion and propped your head against his chest, forehead pressed up against his thin t-shirt.

You knew he was surprised by the movement, but couldn't think about whether it was a good idea or not because you were so tired.

His heartbeat thundered through his shirt, and every pulse against your forehead made you yearn to be closer to him, to touch skin to skin, to feel his lips against your mouth in a hot frenzy.

And every thought became worse and more desperate than the last, until you were grasping at the hems of his clothing with your fingers, trying to get something tangible to hold onto.

"Monty?" You murmured from his chest.

Monty brought his hand up to your back and rested it there, comforting you, urging you to speak.

"Can I kiss you?"

You pulled your head away from his chest and looked up at him with big, doe eyes, willing him to say that word.

Say yes, damnit. Say yes.

Monty looked like he would do anything for you to ask that again. His smile began to form again, and this time, it was so wide you could've sworn it was fake had you not known better.

"Jesus, (y/n), you don't have to ask," he breathed.

And then, his smooth, warm hands came up to cup your face, his fingertips tucking themselves under your jaw.

You closed your eyes, waiting for his lush lips to come down onto yours. You didn't have to wait long at all.

Though your eyes were closed and darkness enveloped you, it was like you were seeing clearer than ever before.

The way his lips lapped gently against yours, taking your top lip between his and then working down to your bottom lip, it felt like it had been done before. It felt right, like it had been meant to happen.

And right then, nothing else in the world mattered. Because you were with the one person who you would stop the world for, and you had finally found who it was that made you want to live.

______
Thank you for the request! Because I was in a slump, I decided to write this one, but after this, I am re-closing the oneshots page so I won't be taking more requests after this. Thank you all! Enjoy :)