Roan

Character- Nina, Niylah's younger sister
Background- After Roan attacks Niylah's trading post, Nina goes out to hunt Roan down.

*if you like enemies to lovers as I'm sure many of u do, this will be sort of like that, but in less parts*

________________________________

When I arrived at Niylah's trading post, it was a wreck. Bottles with unknown substances in them were littered across the floor. Paint was chipped from the wooden tables and merchandise was strewn about the hut.

I searched the room until I found Niylah laying helplessly on the ground, curled in on herself like a scared animal.

"Niylah..." I breathed, dropping my long sword and rushing over to her. The weapon clattered to the ground as I dropped to sit beside her.

Blood smeared across her temple and her breath hitched as she inhaled. "What happened?" I demanded lowly.

Whoever had done this, well, they should be happy they got a head start.

Niylah stirred and her eyes flicked open. Once she saw me, she lunged for me, and I held her in a tight embrace as she sniffled into my shoulder.

"It was Azgeda. They came and they took her."

"Took who?" I wondered. As far as I knew, Niylah didn't have anyone close to her other than me. And I think I'd know if I was stolen.

"Wanheda," she replied breathily. "He took Wanheda."

I racked my brain, trying to remember her. Dirty, thick red hair, and a menacing look plastered on her face. Blue eyes that could pierce through steel.

"You're sure it was Azgeda? What did he look like?" I pestered Niylah for answers as she clutched onto my athletic frame.

"Tall. Really tall. He had scars and paint all over his face. Deep voice." That was the extent of her description. The rest I would have to figure out on my own.

"Well, he'll be sorry when he meets me," I said with finality, a reassurance that I would find him and make him pay.

Niylah coughed and wiped a line of blood from her lips. I sighed and heaved her up.

It took me a little while to clean her wounds and fix up the hut. I laid her carefully down in her bedroom and turned off the light before leaving the hut.

With the bit of spare food in my pocket and my long sword, I set off into the night, with no known direction or idea who I was looking for, but with a motive and a determination to kill.

_____

I stalked out of the house and out into the night. The cool air swept past my cheek as I trekked through the forest, with my eyes alert in case a wild animal decided to make me it's midnight snack.

The hunter had left footprints like an ameuter. Anyone with half a brain knew it was unwise to travel through mud of all things. The footprints led me at least four miles through the woods. I walked all night, sparing no breaks out of fear of losing the hunter.

I came upon a clearing with a large waterfall and below it, a small stream that led out from a pool of water. The water sloshed up against the jagged rocks beside the bank.

Every other sound was drowned out by the waterfall, so I spun on my heels every few seconds, careful not to let something or someone attack me from behind.

The footprints stopped at the base of the bank, and morphed into what looked like a large mass of shoe prints and smooshed dirt.

I narrowed my eyes as I took a closer look. A small fire was burning by the clump of footprints. I crept over to it carefully and located a bag next to it.