Here Stands Heda

*LEXA*

Background- s3 fight scene. Your character fights in place of Roan during the battle scene. (Roan is still a character, you're just filling the position as he watched from the sidelines) roan is your best friend

Character- Evangeline, nickname Evie/Ev (pronounced eh-vee)

________

Roan kept warning me about how strong Lexa was. I was foolish to doubt him for even a second.

When Nia proposed solo gonplei, I knew right away that she never intended to fight, herself. It was between me and Roan, who she would pick. Her son, or her least favorite, most rebellious warrior.

I think she chose me because she wanted to see me die. It was hard for her, that much I knew. She wanted the crown, but I could feel a list for my blood to be spilt by Lexa during the fight.

I didn't blame her. I hated me too. She made me a monster, devoid of emotion. I only cared about Roan; he had been my best friend, even when he was banished, I routinely checked up on him.

Now, as Lexa stood and the crowd roared, I thought how all that might come to a roaring halt if I failed today. I might lose my best friend, my place in Azgeda, not to mention my life, which, contrary to popular belief, I actually did value. A little.

Lexa drew her long sword and a rush came over her as the crowd erupted into applause. "Heda! Heda! Heda!" They chanted constantly.

That did a number on my self esteem. I grit my teeth as I waltzed up to my sword keeper and drew it roughly from its sheath.

Azgeda cried loudly over the shrill noise of the rest of the tribes in the coalition. Booming voices of my other friends could be heard over the full chanting of Lexa's supporters.

I sneered as Titus proclaimed that only one would be victorious. Then, I charged.

She was expecting that, I knew, so I stopped short and sliced my sword across her legs. Lexa's eyes shone with surprise for a second, then it was quickly replaced with certainty.

She blocked my blow, but now before I cut deep through her calf. I saw her teeth grit and she grimaced, striking high above my head, trying to knock me unconscious. Foolish move.

I grabbed the blade of her sword and confidently threw it, by the point, so it flew across the arena and fell with a clang to the floor.

Azgeda erupted with grunts and cheers at my badass move. I held control here, not the Commander. I strutted toward her weapon less figure and jabbed out with my blade. She swerved and did a sort of head spin, kicking my legs out from under me.

I felt the blade hit the ground as it flew from my hand. My head slammed back into the ground as Lexa ran toward me, prepared to drive her sword home.

I snarled and rolled backward into a kneeling position, then ducked as she swung her blade at my head.

I closed the space between us so she couldn't lash out at me and grabbed her wrist hard. She winced as I dug my fingernails into her arm, making her drop the sword. I caught it midair as she kicked me in the stomach.

I fell backwards, giving her enough time to grab a spear from the guards and whip it back and forth.

She struck at me, but I deflected her hits, until she hit the blade so hard it was knocked from my grasp. She kicked the blade far away from me and crushed a foot onto my chest.