Murphy the Menace pt IIII

"WHAT THE HELL MURPHY!" Remi roared once they were far away from the camp.

Murphy had dragged her, half sobbing, a mile or so away from the camp until she had broken away, full of hot rage.

Remi felt her knees buckle underneath her and her hands met hard packed dirt as she crumbled to the ground.

Tears streamed down her face as she knotted her hands roughly in her hair.

Murphy had shot her, shot her without even looking back. He hadn't even hesitated.! And now Raven, oh Raven.

Remi's stomach lurched just thinking about her sister. What would happen to her? The wound looked fatal. Remi choked back a sob as she thought of her sister dying, only Clarke to comfort her.

Murphy straightened up and threw his head back, very frustrated. "What is your goddamn problem, Reyes?" He irritatedly demanded.

Remi incredulously gawked up at him and rose to her full height. "What the hell is my problem?"  She countered coolly as she strode over to him.

Murphy watched her as she swung her arm back to hit him. He dodged her attack and slipped an arm around her waist, pinching her lightly, letting his fingers splay across her lower abdomen.

Remi grunted loudly and swung at him again, missing. Again.

"Get the hell off me you asshole!" She roared, unable to control her emotions. Her voice cracked as she battled Murphy.

"You shot her Murphy. Shot her." Remi's voice broke and she whimpered.

Murphy held her tight in an embrace, one she didn't want in the slightest. Remi took the chance and hit him hard, on the side of the head before scrambling away and propping herself up on a tree.

Remi coughed and spat at the ground, trying to regain her composure and her steady breathing.

Murphy rubbed his face as he tried to stand, but the girl wouldn't let him. Remi pushed a foot down hard onto his chest, making him fall back hard onto the ground.

She towered over him as she positioned herself into an advantageous position overtop of him. Her mouth turned into a snarl and she growled at him, "leave me the fuck alone or I'll kill you. I swear to god Murphy, I'll kill you."

Murphy's eyes widened to twice their normal shape and he stared at her incredulous. How could those words, those threats, come out of her?

Remi has a ferocity about her that was the equivalent of the grounders he had seen a few days ago. So it was alright if they hung Bellamy, but when it came to Raven, either leave her alone or face the consequences?

Murphy uttered these same words. "Jesus, Remi. I was protecting you."

Remi gaped at him. "She is my SISTER. I. Don't. Need. Protection. From. Her!" She bellowed, each time, pressing her foot harder onto Murphy's chest.

Murphy gasped for air as Remi shifted her foot up to kick him in the chin with the toe of her boot. Murphy's head flung back and hit a rock.

Remi snarled and removed her boot from Murphy's chest. She gathered up a ball of saliva and spat right on his face.

Wiping her mouth with anguish, Remi jerked around the way she had came and took off at a run.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hours later, the sun was set. Darkness consumed the land surrounding the camp, and gunners say ready at their stations behind the wall.

Remi traveled silently through the forest and came to a halt when she saw the camp. A dim light flickered behind the wall, and echoes of voices could be heard just beyond the border.

Remi scurried around to the back of the wall and climbed quietly over the top, falling over the edge and landing harshly on her hip on the other side.

Murphy was on his own now.

Remi ran around to the drop ship and nearly ran into Miller. She froze in place as Miller walked around and past where she had taken refuge in the bushes.

After he passed, Remi snuck inside the drop ship and caught her breath.

There, on the floor, surrounded by Finn, Clarke, and Monty, lay Raven.

She was breathing.

Remi felt gallons of air release from her lungs. The gasp was so loud, all three of them turned around. "Thank god, Raven," Remi said, exhausted as she collapsed beside her sister.

Clarke and the others exchanged a glance, then Finn spoke to Remi. "Hey, chief, I don't think you're supposed to be here," he warned.

"Can it, Collins," Remi interrupted. Finn abruptly shut his mouth and nodded stupidly. Remi stormed Raven's hair as her eyes fluttered gently.

"How did this happen?" Clarke inquired. The question was geared towards Remi, she knew that.

Two more pairs of eyes focused on her, and she responded with a copious amount of distaste, "Murphy the menace."