Murphy the Menace pt III

Several days had passed since Remi and Murphy had stumbled back into camp.

More grounders had been killed, along with some of their own.

Bellamy still didn't trust them, but Raven, ever the optimist, welcomed her sister back without any hesitation.

"Jesus, look at you. Sit your ass down, I need to scrub the hell out of you to make you look half decent again," Raven complained as she guided Remi sternly by the neck to the back of the drop ship.

Remi swatted her away. "No, Raven I'm fine please stop worrying."

Remi looked pleadingly into Raven's eyes. Raven matched her gaze with such intensity, Remi looked away.

Remi walked to the end of the drop ship where dozens of delinquents were sleeping.

She stared at them for a moment and wondered if she looked that beaten up.

"Murphy's got a thing for you, Rem," came Raven's voice.

Remi, still turned away from her sister, felt some heat go into her cheeks. She was thankful she was turned around.

"Hmph," she grunted casually. "Hadn't noticed."

Raven smiled and walked over to rest a hand on her sister's shoulder. "That's a load of bull."

Remi smiled despite herself and scanned the door of the drop ship, hoping to see Murphy come through, looking for her.

Nothing.

She opened her mouth to say something as she turned her head back to Raven, but closed it upon having nothing to talk about.

"He saved me Raven," she threw her hands up and let them crash into her sides. "What can i say? I owe him that."

Raven sighed and crossed her arms as she leaned back against a table.

She nodded towards Remi's cuts. "I'm just saying, that-" another nod- "could've been helped if you had stayed here."

Remi groaned and turned away, stalking towards the door.

Raven jumped up and half jogged over to her sister. She grabbed Remi by the wrist, which made Remi real around to face Raven.

"Raven, I know you have Finn, so you know what it's like, I just-" she stopped talking for a moment.

What was she going to tell her? That she had feelings for Murphy? Deep feelings? How would she respond?

Raven closed her eyes a moment, then opened them to stare her sister down.

"I know," she said softly. Remi snapped to attention, wide eyed and confused.

Out of all the things Raven could've said, that was certainly not what she expected.

"You lové him," Raven said weakly.

There was nothing else to it. Remi nodded. Raven sucked in a breath, then released her sister's arm. "That settles it then."

~~~~~~~~~

Murphy had been planning for a while. Ever since they got back in fact. He knew Remi would agree; she sort of owed him since he rescued her.

The truth was, he did love her. But, he also needed a favor.

Lové and trust came with a price, and that price was going to be paid. Today.

Murphy found the seatbelts in the top level of the drop ship and ripped about a dozen from their places. Good.