Echoes Across the Plain

•ÉCHO•

Background- you and echo are stranded on Earth after Octavia and wonkru take shelter in the bunker and Bellamy and Clarke and co. go up to the Ark. It's just you two.

Character- Roan's twin sister, Raya. Azgeda first in command. Not loyal to her mother, Nia.

________________________________

Hell is hot. Everyone always says it is, anyway. Although, I don't know how they would know if they've never been there. But I know. I've been to hell and back a few times.

Praimfaya was a bitch. Destroyed everything in its waking path. Trees that were once tall and lustrous now were barren and cast long, skinny shadows over the hard packed dirt. This was hell.

Octavia, or Skairipa as they all called her, had assumed the bunker about-

How long ago was that? Five months? A year?

At first, when we discovered the bunker was sealed tight, we took comfort in counting the days. I wonder when that had stopped.

A week ago, Echo asked me how long it had been since Clarke and Bellamy and the lot of them had gone back up to the Ark. I didn't tell her, because I didn't know. Too long. That was all I knew.

Since then it had just been me and Echo. Echo and I hadn't really talked much before Roan had become king because she was fiercely loyal to my mother. I was not.

We hid in Becca's lab after the radiation. It was a miracle we survived. The door shook viciously, winds ripping it back and forth. I thought we were going to die. At least I had had Echo by my side.

We had gotten into a routine, me and her. After Praimfaya, we went back to Arkadia and salvaged a rover. We ransacked the place for valuable supplies but found nothing more than a couple of blankets and an old cantine.

Which, had there been any sign of life, we would've filled to the brim with water.

That was ages ago. Months later, we stuck to our routine. Somewhere along the way in our search for food, we stumbled upon the single place radiation had not found.

Shallow valley.

Echo and I had dropped to the ground and laughed hysterically when we first stumbled upon it. Luscious trees and overflowing creeks were stationed all around the small circle of life that the fire hadn't touched.

Shallow valley clan had lived there. That day we found and burned many bodies. After that, our new home was perfect.

Echo and I would go hunting every morning. We'd find berries and fruits in the grasslands and flower fields, and we'd hunt in the stream nearby.

At night, we would lay on the floor of the huts and imagine our friends down here with us.

During those months, I felt myself becoming more connected with Echo; we shared everything; secrets, food, warmth, stories. We were each other's only company. I actually rather liked it. Liked her.

And I guess that was the problem. She didn't know.

And if she did, she probably didn't return those feelings.

Today was odd. She could tell something was off with me. The last few nights, I had fantasized and dreamed about us together. It was just a dream, but I didn't know why I felt so strongly.