The doctor stood up and turned to him, "She has a fever because of staying in a cold, I gave her an injection....she needs to rest and have these medicines after having food," he said while handing a note of medicines to Humza.

"Let's go, Doctor," Akeem said while escorting him.

"Damn it,"

He was angry at himself for not thinking before acting in anger. She was drenched in rain yesterday and he made her sleep all alone outside, in cold weather. This was bound to happen and he's to blame for her condition.

He walked out of the room and headed over to the kitchen, "Mayden," he called,

"Yes," she walked over to him,

"You will take care of Rhythm, don't let her do anything..." he ordered.

"Okay, sir," she replied,

"And, tell Marcus to bring these medicines," He said while giving her the note the doctor gave him.

Humza didn't want to look at Rhythm and feel the thing he just felt. He hates it.

Guilt and remorse are the things that are not in his dictionary.

There is a reason why people call him an emotionless monster.

For the next few days, Humza ignored Rhythm, he couldn't face her and felt guilty all over again. It was easy for him to watch her from afar rather than facing her. He didn't allow her to get out of the room and asked his men to not leave her alone.

Rhythm had been in this room for a week now, she did notice him ignoring her completely and she didn't mind it because she didn't want to see his face at all. He came home after she slept and left before she woke up.

But as days passed she felt completely isolated and bored out of her mind. The silence made her thoughts fester in her mind until she couldn't stand her own company.

This afternoon, Rhythm dragged herself out of the room. Hamza's bodyguard and Mayden have constantly requested her to stay in her room and they will bring her anything that she wants but Rhythm refused their requests.

"I will have lunch at the outdoor dining table..." She replied to Mayden,

"But, the boss wants you to have it in your room..." Mayden said,

"Your boss can go to hell," she said while walking to the kitchen and searching the kitchen for food. When she had everything she needed, she went to the dining table outside in the garden and sat down to eat alone with only the company of flowers in the garden.

What she didn't expect was, after five minutes, was for Hadi to join her too. In his hand, was a plate of food and a glass of juice for her. He was dressed in black trousers and a white shirt, he had unbuttoned the top few buttons and rolled his sleeves till his elbows.

Hadi seemed like the kind of man who was always groomed to the highest standard on any occasion.

"How are you feeling?" he asked,

"Good," She smiled.

Hadi had visited her a few times after he learned she had a fever and she appreciated that since her husband had completely ignored her existence. She felt all alone and missed her parents terribly but Hadi kept visiting her and cheered her up.

"Here, have this," He said while offering the juice to her.

"Thank you, Hadi,"

"Anytime," He smiled,

"You like outdoor lunch?" he asked,

"Yeah," she replied, "...at my parent's home, we have an outdoor dining table too... we all sit there and enjoy our food..." She remembered those days.

"We had farms behind our house...whenever we dine outside ... that refreshing air and smell... make it so enjoyable..." She smiled while explaining that.

The glow her face had as she continued to tell how much she loved that part of her home. He quietly enjoyed watching that smile on her beautiful face and the glow in her eyes. Her smile gives some kind of glow to her face which can make anyone passing by, stop and look at her.

Rhythm continued to tell him about her life with her grandparents in Pune, about her friends and studies. Of course, she skipped about Amaan.

"I suppose, I won't have the luxury anymore," she said. If she was alone, she would definitely cry over such a realization but her pride kept those tears at bay.

"You can ask him," he said,

"What?" she asked,

"Yeah, You can talk to Humza about it... I'm sure he wouldn't mind," He said, confidently.

"Are you serious?" she chuckled,

"Come on, he's not that evil..." he added,

Rhythm rolled her eyes, "Yeah," She said,

"He can be cold at times but... I'm sure he'll listen to you," Hadi said,

"Humza can never listen to anyone... he only knows barking orders... that's it...in his dictionary ... there is no such as, "Listen," " she said.

Arrogant bastard!

***

It was night, Rhythm was walking out of their bathroom, in her PJs and ready to bed. She climbed onto the bed and was fixing her pillow when Humza walked inside the room. Hearing his footsteps, Rhythm had a strong urge to look at him but she didn't.

He walked over to his side of the bed and from the corner of her eyes, she saw how tired he really was. Looking at him, she almost felt pity but the type of business he does rushed to her mind and she quickly looked away.

She would never feel anything, any kind of emotions for this horrible man.

She mentally tattooed that in her mind.

Author's Note:-

Hey guys, I need 50 comments, 150 votes and 10 followers for the next update.

No updates until the target is reached.

I reduced the target, if it's not reached there won't be any updates. Even if it takes days to reach, this book won't updated, guys. 

Love you all,

Instagram:- s.n_nina_arthur.

Facebook:- S.N Nina Arthur.