thirteen. the meadow

013.

THE
MEADOW

: ̗̀➛

A newly found sunshine blared and dappled through Alena's blinds, cascading and rippling across her room. Endorsing it in a well loved glow.

A strange wave of anticipation over took her when she realised her looming arrangements for the day, it waned and wavered relenting bouts of worry.

Yesterday still she presumed a bad dream she would be able to shrug off, but begrudgingly it lingered against her skin.

A house brimming with silence surrounded her, it let fears and relinquished anxiety seep in and lay at her feet, fretfully unaware she waited. A knock rolled at the door and the pit in her stomach deepened as though a hole would be torn straight through.

Gingerly she pulled open the door and there stood Edward. Flowing and open adorned in a purely ambivalent white shirt, he was like a religious icon made to be adored. He was summer and succinct coastal walks, it was unearthly reassurance.

"Are you ready?"

Blazing eyes raking through her own, asking a plethora of questions more than the one he ushered. Feigning a hand towards her she grasped it and relished in the searing cold fingers that entangled around her own.

It was warm for May, Forks was growing weary of the blistering rain as if begging for a break it had been granted it, but now at these fickle companions joining hand in hand faint clouds sailing over the sun, encasing them in a perpetual darkness.

Their drive was hummed, a subtle quiet sitting between the two. Neither knew how to broach a simple question, their visage of confidence shattered. Until parting the silence and him relishing in her voice, she spoke up.

"So where are we headed?"

A hint of a smirk graced his lips, crooning his face to a perfect image.

"You'll see."

"That's unfair, just tell me. You better not be luring me to my untimely death Edward."

She whined causing a chuckle to escape his mouth, glancing at her inquisitive stare.

"No and no, you'll just have to be patient."

After the never ending highway, and seemingly incessant questions they pulled up to a hapless curb.

Alena gave Edward a curious stare, the succinct quiet of his mind enamouring him with a new found serenity.

Impossibly imperceptible he now stood opening her door, reaching out a hand. Gingerly she accepted, now amused at her belated sense of fear.

"Maybe I should've mentioned my extreme disliking of hikes."

She tried to add a humorous lilt to her voice, but the anxious glare trailing over her eye hinted she was deadly serious.

He chuckled and enticed her with a smile faintly pulling her fingertips into a walk and towards the trees, utterly enthralled she put up no fight and trailed along behind his icy grasp.

Every step he lurched a new question towards her, she gratefully indulged answering avidly at his curious countenance and remarkable knack of questioning.

He watched and wished to breathe, to be near her was eternity. The lope of her walk and supple contained limbs forgave his sins, she was pure and he innocent. They became articulately naive, and with their naivety came restless beauty.

After what felt like hours to Alena she turned on her heels and faced a smiling Edward.

"How much further, I don't think I can continue any more we've been walking for centuries."