eight. deep, dark regret

008.

DEEP DARK
REGRETS

: ̗̀➛

They made their way out of the movie theatre, it wasn't the best film but Alena enjoyed chatting to Angela during it.

"Why did you buy tickets to a gory zombie film Jess, I had to look away at all the violence"

This was in fact true Bella had her eyes shut most of the film in general, Alena was surprised she even saw any of it.

"I didn't even buy the tickets okay, it was Mike but now he wasn't even there to watch the stupid film"

Jess had the biggest crush on Mike yet would never tell him, it was surprising he never noticed. But then again Alena saw the way he stared at Bella, and the annoyance radiating of Jess as he did so. But still would never let on about how she felt to either of them.

Jess and Bella continued bickering as they began walking to the restaurant they booked down the road.

"They're like an old couple the way they argue" Alena laughed and nodded in agreement, Angela walked beside her sharing her amusement.

The girls infront twisted around and gave both of them a warning look. They couldn't hold back their laughter after that.

It had been such a long time since Alena had been in Port Angeles, she had missed the little picturesque post card town.

That's when she remembered her most favourite part about this place, their bookshop. Just the thought filled her with joy, she remembered the hours spent there immersing herself in the shelves and the smell, ah the smell of new books.

Suddenly she had an awful desire to just go back there and relive those happy moments. Maybe it's still there, well she's here now may as well give it a look.

"Hey guys do you mind if I take a quick walk around here, I've missed it so much and feel like reminiscing" Alena spoke more to Bella than anyone.

Angela began to nod her head in encouragement, then suddenly stopped when Bella began talking.

"Alena it's dark and cold, we've got a table booked why are you so adamant on going for a walk now just go at the weekend" Bella certainly was not understanding.

"It's fine, you guys go on don't worry I will meet you at the restaurant in twenty minutes tops, I feel like stretching my legs"

Bella started to protest but Jess cut her off.

"It's fine Bella leave her to it, if she wants to freeze let her" Jess snickered at her own remark and turned back around.

"Do you want me to come with you, if you don't that's fine as well though"

Although it was very sweet of Angela this was something Alena had to do alone. She hasn't walked at night alone since that dreadful night in Phoenix, this was something she simply had to do.

She shook her head reassuringly at Angela and she just nodded and caught up with the other girls, who had already walked on.

Alena did feel bad though leaving Angela with those two, it was like leading a lamb to slaughter.

As they departed Alena walked through these wistful streets recalling her summers here.

Bella and herself giggling and running, no where in particular just as far as their legs could take them.

She felt I sudden pang of guilt at how things had turned out, what used to be, now no more. They believed they would live side by side forever, maybe that was the naivety that shrouds childhood.