twelve. the cold ones

012.

THE COLD
ONES

: ̗̀➛

Now at home the secrets followed, she reminisced on what Jacob had said it was confusing and absurd. Whatever these creatures were she was sure Edward had no part in it.

She sat perched on her bed faint music playing in the background. Bella came stumbling in, a sight that certainly did not please Alena.

"Where've your been all day?" Animosity oozed of every word she spoke.

"I went for a walk with Jacob, he came by and asked if I wanted to catch up."

She let out a huff and scowled towards the girl on the bed.

"Did you enjoy yourself? What did you two have to talk about anyway?"

"That's none of your business Bella, and yes I did thank you."

If Bella was going to make snide remarks so could Alena. A smirk settled on Bella's lips mocking her sisters words.

"Fine if your going to be like that, I was only making harmless conversation."

And with that she strolled out of Alena's room back towards her own. Harmless my ass Alena thought, nothing she's said or done in the last week has been harmless.

One thing did play on her mind that she wanted to do before bed. Now intrigued she made her towards her computer.

Gingerly her fingers typed in the looming words in her head.

The Cold Ones

Articles highlighted myth and legend, stories dating back decades upon decades. These creatures have been mentioned endlessly in each corner of history, in every continent. But only allusive words stood out to her ; cold skinned, undead, inhuman speed.

Everything Edward was to her flashed through her mind, it was dizzying the absurd truth to it all. But he simply could not be anything like that, it just wasn't him.

Unwillingly she let her head fall back against her pillows and let the fresh lull of unconsciousness, drag her into an untimely sleep.

All while knowing, every word of it was true.

Dazed and bleary eyed Alena awoke to sunlight peeking through her blinds, dapples caressing her face.

Denial was her favourite game she simply would not believe what she read last night, there's an explanation and she's going to find it.

-ˏˋ⋆ ̥   ̣̮ ̥   ͙   ̥   ̣̮ ̥ ⋆ˊˎ-

Going to the only place she knew to find him, Alena arrived at the Cullens home. After a car ride with a very hesitant Charlie and trekking through woods that seemed the same after awhile, she finally made it. It was much harder in the daylight, the night disguised the looming forest that surrounded the vicinity.

There it stood as ever in all its glory, it seemed more beautifully daunting now in the cold light of day. It took on a more ominous edge with sunlight now shimmering against the never ending glass.

Now more nervous than anything her fingers rocked against the door, she was contemplating making a run for it.

But her fears subsided when she saw the genial face of Esme staring back at her, a smile beginning to spread wide at the sight before her.

"Alena dear, come in it's lovely to see you again."

"Hello, it's lovely to see you too I'm actually here to see-"