four. enough with the warnings already.

004.

ENOUGH WITH
THE WARNINGS ALREADY

: ̗̀➛

"You know you really didn't have to give me a lift Edward I could have walked."

Alena did appreciate it though the rain was falling a lot harder now. His car was warm and pristine like the outside.

"Of course I did I didn't want you catching a cold from this weather."

He smiled at her looking away from the road for slightly too long that it made Alena nervous.

"I still can't believe Bella today I don't get her problem one minute everything's fine and then."

Alena was truly confused Bella wasn't making any sense she was being so unreasonable.

"I agree she was out of order shouting at you like that- but Alena I do agree with her in some aspects you shouldn't be with me it's not good for you".

What did he even mean by that he invites her for a lift and then says she shouldn't be there?

"What do you mean Edward none of this is making any sense can you please tell me the truth I don't get it, Bella was with you" she almost implored for answers at him.

"Alena I can't tell you the truth it's not safe and I don't want history repeating it's self for anyone, and what if I'm not the good guy like you think what if I'm the bad guy?"

Edwards smile had disappeared now and a hard expression replaced it. His eyes though told another story they were filled with pools of regret. He was being utterly absurd what's all this about being bad anyway.

"I'm sorry Edward but I don't really see you as the bad guy type no offence".

Alena tried to laugh to lighten the mood but it didn't come out quite right.

"Well Alena you really need to be more observant I'm telling you I'm not the good guy and this is all unsafe for you to be caught up in" he did not laugh at her comment he remained stern.

Alena stopped laughing "I really don't understand anything all the warnings the weird cryptic clues it doesn't make sense, why are you giving me a lift or being my lab partner if you don't want to be involved with me?"

"Alena I never said I don't want to be around you it's quite the opposite, rather I can't stay away from you".

Alena was stunned at this she barely knew him, but when she was there with him she felt safe and welcome things she hadn't felt in a very long time.

His golden eyes stared down at her with such an intensity she had to look away.

"Thank you Edward truly, even though I'm still in the complete dark" an expression she couldn't quite read flashed before his face, she was so caught up in the moment she didn't realise she had arrived home, Charlie was still at work so it would just be her until Bella got home.

"I'm sorry I do not have answers to give you Alena I'm doing it for your sake, honestly it's better this way".

Alena was dissatisfied with his response he made it sound as if he was leaving even though she had known him briefly it's the last thing she wanted, and to be the cause of it.

"I understand Edward thank you, hopefully things will start to make more sense soon".

As she started to reach for the door handle she felt an icy hand grasp her wrist, she turned and his face was much closer than she anticipated his soft scent ran over her skin.