seven. unexpected guests.

007.

UNEXPECTED
GUESTS

: ̗̀➛

As the night went on Alena grew more excited maybe friendships would help her, that's what she hoped anyway.

Bella was still not home yet she was praying that she would come back when Alena had already left.

She realised her prayers had not been answered when the roar of the Chevy encroached on the house.

Bella unlocked the door and came into the family kitchen.

"Why are you all dressed up, where are you going?"

Nice to see you too she thought. Alena shifted uncomfortably and began twisting her hair around her finger unconsciously.

"Well, Jess called and was calling to offer you a movie ticket but you weren't here so I kind of accepted it"

"Oh I see thanks for the invite to join you, you know what Alena they wouldn't even be inviting you if it wasn't for me they wouldn't care less about you if you weren't my sister" Bella spat out her words to Alena.

"I am sorry Bella I didn't think you would be home, I don't want it to be like this Bella please, I am literally your own sister I thought you would maybe at least act like it, but I guess that was too much to ask from such a selfish person".

Bella stared at her incredulously processing her words.

"Fine Alena whatever if I'm so selfish you can sort out your own problems, you find your own way to school and find your own friends!"

Alena shouldn't have called her that but she didn't feel bad, she was done feeling bad, when no one else did why should she?

Alena was left stood in the kitchen. She shouldn't feel like this, she vowed she would never feel like she did in Phoenix again.

It was like when the accident happened that night, Alena was so alone no one understood, no one cared she had nobody not even Renée and Phill called off their next trip for her.

She was drowning in an eternity of night time nothing but abyss cradling her. She was suspended in darkness, her body was anchored to the few remaining stars which now began to flicker and fade.

Soon she would be left stranded in this heap of darkness, tossed and hurled without anything to hold onto.

She so badly was trying to claw her way out of feeling like this, she scrambled and pulled and teared, each time only clawing a piece of herself away. Inch by inch nothing much remained.

She was startled when she heard Charlies car pull up. He came in the door and undid his coat.

"Hey Lena how was your day kiddo?"

"It was good thank you how was work, catch any criminals?" He chuckled at her poor excuse of a joke she tried to conjure up, and unbuckled his belt and gun.

She hated the fact he owned a gun such an awful weapon no one stood a chance against it.

She used to argue with him about it when she was younger eventually leading him to leave it unloaded at the door, a compromise he called it.

"Where's Bella?" Charlie peered up the stairs thinking she would magically appear at this statement.

"I don't know she went down to La Push earlier and came back in a mood" he smiled and continued to call Bella down.

Reluctantly she trudged down the stairs "Hey dad how was work" she spoke directly to him without noticing Alena's presence.

"Good thank you hectic but alright still no sign of that poor boy who went missing around here, his parents are distraught it's awful"