35

JUNGKOOK POV

The omega had come and gone and left chaos in his wake.

In Jungkook's head at least.

He ran the words over and over in his mind but he just couldn't bring himself to believe them.

"My Uncle wouldn't," he told tae.

"All he's done since I was a kid is to try and help me."

"Even now, he's doing his best for us."

Taehyung perched on the edge of Jimin's bed, where the omega still slept oblivious to what was going on around him.

Tae leaned forward, pressing a hand to Jungkook's arm.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"I mean did he help you?"

"He's the one who pushed you to come clean to your dad right after Princess lisa's abduction."

"He promised he'd be there with you supporting you as you told your father but he wasn't." Tae held his gaze.

"And now you've asked for his help again but he isn't helping you, is he?"

Jungkook opened his mouth ready to defend his uncle when Jimin stirred whimpering under his breath.

It drew Jungkook's thoughts back to his uncle Hyun and to Simon, the omega wrongly imprisoned for his murder who'd mourned him long after he was gone.

"Uncle Hyun loved Simon, the way Joon loves Cinder."

"The way I love Jimin," he said.

"Yeah..." Tae said slowly, the blank look on his face telling him he wasn't following.

"Hyunnwas a natural leader, tempered and measured."

"With two mates he truly loved and a strong marriage binding them together."

"he'd have been just like Joon is now."

"He'd have relied on his spouses to help him rule."

"Someone like my uncle wouldn't have been able to control or manipulate him."

Tae caught on finishing his train of thought.

"That's part of why he wanted Hyun out of the way."

"He had him killed, framed Simon for the crime and then..."

"And then," Jungkook continued, his anger growing.

"He manipulated our father, took advantage of his grief at his brother's deathnand stoked his anger against omegas to bring in the omega laws."

He pressed a hand to his face as he brought his thoughts to their conclusion.

"Given all the chaos after Hyun's death, he probably had a hand in my father's courtship competition."

"He influenced who he married so that dad chose two people so at odds that he's spent the whole of his marriage playing referee between them."

"never confiding in them, never getting their undivided support."

"Shit, he tried the same thing during Joon's contest."

"I thought it was just the palace looking after its own interests but what if it was Uncle Jiwoo wanting to keep Joon under control?"

"Then I'd say he lost that bet"

" Joon,Jin and Cinder they're like the ultimate triumvirate."

"Which is why he's been trying to force joon to give up the crown."