21

TAEHYUNG POV

He and Jungkook kept to Jimin's room for the rest of the after-noon and evening, taking only short breaks as they watched over the omega.

Jimin spent most of his time asleep waking for dinner and managing half his cheeseburger before slipping back to sleep.

He was still napping when Joon and Kai arrived to speak with Jungkook.

Tae had thought they'd leave the room and go somewhere private to talk, but Jungkook showed reluctance to leave and the others didn't seem to think twice about grabbing chairs and sitting themselves down next to the bed.

Kai gave Tae a long look before the conversation started, a look that didn't slip past Jungkook's notice.

"I trust Tae with my life," Jungkook said firmly.

"With all our lives? With our kids lives?" Kai pressed.

"I can leave if you guys want?"

Tae offered, getting to his feet only for Jungkook to wave him back down.

"I trust him,Kai. I know he would never do anything to endanger me or anyone I care about."

That seemed to be enough to convince Kai, who sat back in his seat, his arms folded.

"Then I guess we need to talk about the abduction."

"The hows and whys."

Tae resolved to stay silent but listened with interest.

As much as anyone there, he wanted to know what had motivated someone to steal Princess Lisa and take Jimin along with her.

"Well, we have one potential how," Namjoon said slowly.

"Dad called while I was on my way here. Apparently, an omega activist group sent an email to the national news broadcaster claiming responsibility."

"They've released the contents of the email, even though the palace asked them not to."

Kai groaned. "Well at least we know that's a fabrication, The two men we caught down in the dungeons were both betas."

"Was this just another plot to cast blame on omegas?"jungkook asked.

"Like the fake plot to kill Joon?"

"Don't forget the attempt to kill me that almost took Rory's life,"

Kai added. "That was meant to be my death at the hands of an omega raised in a state-run orphanage."

"Had it turned out like they planned, you can bet Rory and maybe even Lucas would have been labeled omega activists."

"And it's working," Joon said.

"That's the worst part."

"They're stoking fear among the population about what the omegas might do if they get organized."

"There have already been calls for stronger laws to bring them under control, restrict their movements."

"Based on plots that have been proven to be nothing of the sort?" Tae asked, unable to hold his silence.

Kai seemed surprised to see he was still there. "They're using the modern-day media. They don't need proof of omega activism."

"just the suggestion of it and away their little imaginations run
Then they print half-fabricated stories that the masses gulp down like soda. And suddenly there are dangerous omegas lurking around every corner."

"Do we know anything yet on who might actually have been responsible for this?" Jungkook asked.

"Assuming it's not these non-existent omega activists."