32

JIMIN POV

Jimin struggled with a growing sense of foreboding as his body rebelled against him.

With each hour that passed, he felt worse.

from the throbbing in his head to the constant press of pain under his ribs and the nausea crashing over him in waves.

And now when he opened his eyes the world blurred around him.

"Tae?" he called reaching blindly for the alpha.

It was only when the alpha's hand wrapped around his that he realized something was wrong with his fingers.

They felt stiff and swollen.

Tae noticed too, his touch gentle as he examined them and then he was pulling the duvet back, his hands cool against the heat of Jimin's skin as he pressed on his ankles.

"Tae?" he asked tiredly but the alpha was already up on his feet, yelling Jungkook's name.

The prince came racing down the stairs as Tae went to the door of the cabin to meet him.

"I know what this is," Tae said as the two moved out into the corridor to talk, their voices fading.

Left alone with his fear, feeling like his body was slowly shutting down around him, he pressed his swollen hands to his bump and tried to hold back a sob.

Tae stepped back inside a few minutes later and Jimin focused his gaze on him, no easy feat with his blurry vision making the alpha seem unfamiliar and indistinct.

"Am I dying?" he asked Tae hoping for an honest answer.

He needed someone to be straight with him.

"I feel like I'm dying."

Tae was by his side a moment later cupping his cheek his touch grounding Jimin.

"You are not going to die," the alpha said fiercely.

"Hold on just a little bit longer."

"Help is close Jimin."

"So close."

His head grew heavy and his vision dimmed.

Tae helped him lie back down on the bed, his hand stroking Jimin's forehead over and over.

"Just hold on, Jimin."

"We're almost there."

Jimin faded in and out of consciousness after that,woke up for brief moments of muddled confusion before being pulled down under the surface, again.

At one point, he became aware of being carried, hearing Jungkook's voice and feeling it rumble through the chest he was pressed against.

And then there was the loud sound of a motor surrounding them as the whole world seemed to shake and shiver, like it too was falling to pieces in tandem with Jimin's body.

There were voices, familiar and unfamiliar,a brief glimpse of distant city lights and then nothing for a long time.

He came to in a dim room, surrounded by the muted beeping of machines.

There was a head of dark hair resting on the bed next to him and he reached out to touch it.

his mind working slowly like someone had dipped him in honey.

And then the head moved, lifting upward and Taehyung was staring back at him.

"Thank god," the Taehyung whispered before raising his voice a little.