25

JUNGKOOK POV

Jungkook had never planned to fall in love with an omega.

He'd believed Tae was the only one for him.

But Jimin's abduction had brought the feelings he'd been struggling with to the forefront of his mind.

Their being forced on the run and trapped in close quarters as a result really helped crystallize those feelings.

How he felt about Tae and how he felt about Jimin weren't exactly the same.

He known tae a lot longer, There was a depth of feeling there that had grown up around their long friendship.

Jimin was new and shiny but also different not just physically, having the typical stature of an omega but in his nature, in his personality.

They'd seen hints of it at the palace but most of it had been masked by Jimin's anxiety at the unfamiliar situation he'd been thrown into and the confinement of the palace walls.

Jungkook worried the boat would magnify that, being such an enclosed space.

Lots of people didn't take to prolonged sea travel well.

He and tae were well used to it from shipping out with the navy.

So he was both surprised and pleased when Jimin took to the boat like a duck to water, with not even a hint of seasickness.

He did grow restless though, and they'd often find him running up and down the deck with Bam.

But the abject misery that being stuck on the water caused in some people just seemed to pass Jimin right by.

Jungkook spent an hour or so every day poring over maps, ensuring they kept well away from ceans as well as keeping their distance from busy shipping lanes.

Now and then a plane would pass overhead so he was certain that the king was keeping tabs on them but, after more than three weeks, there'd been no attempt to make contact.

The sat phone rang as scheduled and he picked it up putting it to his ear.

"Hello."

"Hello brother."

"Kai, it's good to hear your voice."

They'd kept communication to a minimum having spoken to Kai only twice since they'd set sail.

But their need was growing more urgent they were fast running out of supplies, chief of them being fresh water and fuel.

"And yours So, I have good news and I have bad news."

"Start with the bad," he insisted, looking past the wheel house to where Tae and Jimin were sitting on the deck playing cards.

Bam was beside them, rolling around on the floor in excitement.

"It's a no-go on the passport for Jimin Or any kind of travel papers for that matter."

That was a blow.

With no travel papers, any country they rocked up to would treat Jimin as an unattached omega refugee.

More than likely, they'd deport him right back to the kingdom.

"Why? What's the problem?"

"Well,the laws around forgery have always been pretty stringent but it was never a problem to find someone willing to help for the right price."

"Only they've very recently clamped down on the practice imposing the maximum penalties for the slightest of offenses."

"All in the name of clamping down on omega activism."