24

TAEHYUNG POV

It was a surreal moment for Tae to find himself side by side with Jungkook, rowing in tandem toward Jungkook's boat.

The familiar motions were reassuring when their whole world had just been tossed upside down.

Jimin sat facing them, the whites of his eyes standing out starkly in the darkness.

Bam whimpered softly in Jimin's arms.

Jungkook's boat grew closer and closer as they rowed.

They couldn't risk the small motor in case the noise carried and drew attention to their escape.

As they came along side, jungkook grabbed hold of the ladder.

"I'll check it out make sure no one's on board and it's safe for you."

He climbed up and was out of sight seconds later leaving Tae to do his best to keep their boat in place and watch out for their omega and his puppy.

Every second ticked by loudly in his head, his eyes constantly drawn back to land searching for any sign that their absence had been noticed But there was only darkness the palace still slept

"All clear," Jungkook called from above them.

"Send Jimin up."

Tae stood carefully motioning Jimin to his feet.

"Give Bam to me," he said.'

"you can't manage a ladder and a puppy at the same time."

He wondered how and why they decided to go on the run with a puppy when it surely made far more sense to leave Bam back at the palace.

But then the puppy's forlorn cries might have given away their absence, Maybe it was better that they'd brought him along for the ride.

Jimin pressed a kiss to Bam's fur then handed the squirming bundle over to Tae.

Tae guided him to the ladder with his free hand and encouraged him up.

"Don't look down," he urged.

"Keep your eyes on Kook,take his hand as soon as you can."

Jimin nodded and silently scaled the ladder, quickly disappearing over the side and out of view.

A moment later Jungkook reappeared climbing a few rungs down and stretching out his hand.

"I'll take Bam," he said.

"Then you secure the dinghy while I prepare us to sail."

"Got it?"

"Aye aye, Captain."

Tae threw back with a grin, reaching up to place bam securely into Jungkook's grip.

Once he was sure the alpha had a tight hold of the puppy, he let go and Jungkook climbed quickly up onto the deck.

Then Tae rowed the dingy around to back of the boat and secured it there climbing the more awkward of their two ladders up and onto the deck.

Once up there, he found jungkook moving about purposefully doing all the necessary checks before they left and pulling up the anchor.

Jimin mean while was standing in the middle of the deck,watching Jungkook work

He looked tired and confused in the gloom of night.

Tae knew the best place for him and Bam right then was securely below deck and out from underfoot.

"Hey," he said, approaching them.

"Come on let's get you two below and into bed."

"You look like you're asleep on your feet."