20

JIMIN POV

Jimin jolted awake to raised voices relieved when he realized he was back in his palace room Bam curled up at his feet.

He peered around, spying Prince Jungkook and Tae near the door and two of the royal guard just inside the room.

The four were in an argument, getting louder by the minute as the guards tried to push past the alphas to get to the bed.

To get to Jimin.

What was going on?

"Kindly stand aside," the first guard repeated, waving a piece of paper at them.

"We have a valid arrest warrant for this omega."

"His name is Jimin," Jungkook said, his voice like steel.

"And I don't care what that piece of paper in your hand says, he's not going anywhere."

Two more guards pushed into the room, and Jungkook and Tae moved backward, keeping themselves between the guards and Jimin's bed.

Jimin sat up and pushed to the edge of the bed, grabbing hold of Jungkook's shirt when the alpha came within reach, using him like a shield to hide behind.

The prince glanced at him over his shoulder then looked back at the guards.

"You're not taking Jimin anywhere."

"Of course they're not," a new voice said, and Jimin peeked out from between Jungkook and Tae to see Prince Kai saunter into the room.

Jimin regarded him with wide eyes, surprised when the alpha's gaze met his.

He winked at Jimin, leaning around tae to pat Bam before turning back to face the gather guards.

"Officers, there's clearly been a misunderstanding here, as I'm sure you'll agree."

"No misunderstanding," the first guard said, brandishing the warrant at him.

"We've got it here in black and white. The omega, Park Jimin, is to be taken into custody under suspicion of the abduction of Princess Lisa."

"He rescued her, he didn't abduct her," Tae growled.

He Taking a step forward before Jungkook put a hand onto his arm and yanked him back.

"I'm going to talk to my father,"

He said. "Kai's right, there's been a miscommunication."

"We'll get this sorted."

The alpha took a step forward, pulling away from Jimin's grasp, and the fear inside Jimin bubbled its way to the surface.

"No!" Jimin insisted, holding tighter to Jungkook's shirt.

He knew that, without the protection of the Prince, even Tae couldn't stop those guards taking him.

"I'll go and talk to Father," Kai offered easily as if nothing was amiss.

"We'll get this straightened out You should stay here and care for your brave omega,like the doctor said," Kai added meaningfully.

Except Jimin didn't think that was what the doctor had said.

"Thank you, Kai," Jungkook said slowly. "I'd appreciate your help."

As Kai strode toward the door, Jungkook rounded on the guards.

"And as for you, what were you thinking? Jimin is under strict orders from the palace doctor to have bed rest. I'd kindly ask you to keep guard outside the door until Prince Kai returns."