15

TAEHYUNG POV

Tae didn't think too much of it when Jimin missed breakfast.

Since Bam's arrival, the omega's morning routine had shifted to be more about getting the puppy fed and watered.

He grabbed a few things they could eat on the go and retraced his steps to the omegas' rooms to find him.

As he did, he noticed a lot of guards moving through the palace, speaking in quiet but urgent tones.

If something was up, then all the more reason to find Jimin.

He reached Jimin's room without seeing any sign of the omega.

Before he even got to the door, he could hear Bam, the puppy yapping in distress.

"Jimin?"

He knocked and called before he pushed inside. Bam wasn't in the main room but locked in the en suite bathroom.

And there was no sign of Jimin.

"Jimin," he called again.

He opened the bathroom door and crouched down to pet a distressed Bam wrinkling his nose at the smell.

"Are you here?"

The en suite was empty except for Bam. In the bedroom, he found the bed made.

It was too early for the house-hold staff to have been in, and Jimin's attempts to make his own bed were always a little haphazard, which meant the omega hadn't spent the night in his own room.

And from the mess on the bathroom floor, Bam had been locked in there for some time.

That wasn't like Jimin, who so far had shown himself to be a very attentive dog owner.

Taking a careful look around the rest of the room, he found some other things that didn't look quite right. Jimin's bag was gone.

And one of his drawers was partially open. When Tae pulled it out, he found it empty.

He was sure there'd been clothes in there. Had the omega left?

Without saying a word, without letting anyone know to check on Bam?

It just didn't seem like Jimin.

Picking Bam up, he carried him into a little garden nearby and let him have a few minutes to calm down.

He tried to call Jungkook, but the alpha didn't pick up.

The only other idea that might explain this was if Jimin had somehow spent the night with Jungkook.

But Taehyung couldn't see that happening.

It would be more likely to damage their plan than help it.

Jungkook wouldn't take that risk.

And Jimin wouldn't leave Bam by himself.

When Bam came running back to him, barking expectantly, Tae picked him up again and set off back inside.

He needed to get Bam fed and then see where Jungkook had got to.

The sooner he could tell the alpha what he suspected, the sooner they could find Jimin.

Hopefully before anyone else realized he was gone and his place in the contest was put in jeopardy.

He met Kim on his way out, the beta guide looking distracted.

"Have you seen Jimin?" he asked.

Kim glanced up from his phone. "No, I haven't."

Tae debated explaining his fears but decided not to. "Could you take this little guy? He hasn't had his breakfast, and I need to talk to Prince Jungkook."