216: Itachi of the Sharingan

Start from the beginning

['...So I was right.']

This brat... She couldn't sense his presence at all while inside the Genjutsu, even though his teammates were an easy go. She had noticed it before in the Sand, but didn't think much of it. In fact, even at this very moment, if she tried to sense his presence with Chakra, he came out as "blank". As if he wasn't even real, but a mere hallucination.

However, like she did in the Sand, when she really focused, she could sense him somewhat. But that's only when she kept him in sight. The moment she closed her 'vision' his presence disappeared.

Suddenly, she noticed something weirder.

['...What's with that sudden spike in his Chakra? Compared to a few hours ago, he has around 18% more Chakra. On top of that...'] Kurama's nose twitched. ['What's this scent I am smelling around him? It doesn't seem like that of a human at all... More like he had transformed into a domineering beast.']

She turned to look at the black cat that was healing an injured Kakashi. That cat was special, Kurama realised that when she saw her cast healing jutsus on that kid from the Sand. Those abilities weren't 'racial', unlike what the Hyuga boy liked to say.

Also, both the Hyuga and cat's chakra were weird. The amount wasn't that unusual, but it felt richer, denser. Kurama didn't know how to explain but being a creature made of Chakra she could feel the strange richness coming from both of them.

...Being someone who's lived more than a thousand years, Kurama could smell something interesting in that boy.

Kurama licked her lips as she eyed the Hyuga boy, eager to learn his secrets... and also see the reason behind that attractive alpha scent he was releasing.

She watched the boy step forward, facing the Uchiha descendant. 'Heh, this fight will be interesting.'

—★—

"You hurt Sakura and Kakashi Sensei!!" Naruto was about to run at Itachi once he came out of the Genjutsu. How did he break free? Neji had no idea, but he was being a nuisance at the moment.

"Back off." Neji warned, throwing Naruto a few metres back using his Telekinesis. "I got this."

"But-"

"My Byakugan is immune to his Sharingan."

Naruto blinked. "Oh... Yeah! I didn't know! You get him, Neji!"

Neji sighed. He was at least much better and more likeable than that Izuku brat, even though still an annoying main character.

"What's the point behind lying?" A cold voice pulled all of Neji's attention as he looked ahead, finding Itachi of the Sharingan staring at his blindfold.

[© Itachi Uchiha - Low Tier 9]

Itachi was that strong even without the ability of his Mangekyo in his current 'clone' state. A true monster, really.

Itachi continued. "Hyugas rather have a weakness against the Uchiha clan because even if they don't make eye contact, if a Hyuga even accidentally sees a Sharingan – that is actively trying to put them under a Genjutsu – with their 360° vision, they would be caught in that said illusion in an instant."

Neji shrugged his shoulders. "Why don't you try it on me then?"

Itachi went silent as Neji waited after that, starting right into his glistening red eyes through his blindfold. Just a few seconds later, a message popped up in front of him.

[Gamer's Mind has blocked «Genjutsu: Sharingan»]

Neji chuckled. "See?" Itachi didn't answer, but rather than growing anxious, he simply seemed interested in Neji. "For example, a Hyuga can always look down at you from a birdview, you know? From the sky, it's impossible for our eyes to come into contact-"