Chapter Thirty-Five

Kana's POV:

She swallowed and let the Maiden take her hand, leading her through the doorway of shining starlight. Then there was a square with visions, pictures? Playing. Not just one either.

No, there were hundreds of boxes playing as she walked on a bridge of darkness. The Maiden grinned and pointed, "There's baby Essa!"

Essa. The Sister who she had the honor of naming. Who she would never get to raise. She turned and watched as Dione clutched a tiny babe in her arms. Bright brown eyes blinked up at the sky, and with the bright shining smile Essa laughed. Reaching up with her baby hand to touch Dione's nose.

The Maiden grinned, "Do you see how cute she is? She's almost two now and asks about you every single day. When you'll come home, when she'll get to meet the awesome Princess Kana Archeron Brangwen."

"She's two?" She murmured. How was the tiny girl only two after four hundred years? The Crone spoke, wrapping her arm with hers. "We sent you almost four hundred years into the past, Kana. While only two years have passed from the moment you disappeared through the portal we opened for you in Prythian."

Four hundred years, and she had only been gone a total of two. The number was so tiny compared what she now knew as immortality. Her heart beat widely in her chest, the Maiden pointed at Essa. The memory, vision thing stopped right on her big smile. "Do you see that smile? You won't ever get to see it in person if you die now. You won't ever get to meet Essa if you die, and she won't ever get to meet you."

The Maiden pulled her over to the next screen and she saw herself laughing with Rain, holding Rowan for the first time. When she got into a mud pit fight with Fenrys and Connall when they were babes.

She smiled, Rowan was with her that day, she shoved him into that mud pit and laughed her ass off. Then he tugged her in right along with him. That had been one of the happiest days of her miserable existence.

The Maiden stopped before another vision, pointing to a blue eyed babe, with inky black hair. His tan skin matches that of her brother-n-laws. The Crone smiled, "This is Nyx, Feyre and Rhysand's son. Your nephew. He was just born a few months ago. And has taken to falling asleep from stories told to him about the General of the United Forces of Prythian and her victories."

"Feyre would never let me near her child." She scoffed.

The Crone shook her head, "You'll never know that if you die today."

She paused, she wouldn't would she? Her heart burned, swelling and she stared at the Blue eyed babe. The Mother walked on and the Maiden tugged her to follow.

There was a vision of her teaching Feyre to shoot. Another of her teaching Feyre to wield a sword. How she'd somehow convinced Rhysand to play chess with her one day, she kicked his ass over and over.

"You'll never get to play chess with smart people again." The Mother nodded. And Pointed to a familiar general, sitting in a chair with crossed arms staring down at a peaceful face.

Her face.

Her cheeks were taunt, dark circles hung under her eyes while a Lion slept at her feet. The Maiden said, "We cannot keep you alive for much longer if you do not wish to live."

"Lorcan will loose his best friend." The Mother said calmly. Moving the vision to Rowan on the floor outside of a door. The Mother made the door invisible int he vision and showed ehr how she was half dead inside. How healers worked to save her life.

"Rowan will lose the only parent he has left."

She wouldn't have thought twice about it had she not seen the tears streaming from his eyes. Down his cheeked and onto his sleeves. Rowan Whitethorn did not cry. She only remembered him crying when he was a babe, when his parents died, and when Lyria died.