Chapter Thirty-Two

Three Centuries, Nine Decades, Nine Years Since Swearing

Kana's POV:

She waited by Maeve's side. Like the slave she was. The Dark Queen set her gaze upon her, glancing at the armor she wore before the Queen over once, twice, thrice. Maeve purred, "I half expected you to wear the armor Princess Rainn gave you, if it was melted down it would make excellent swords."

She tensed and glanced down at the Queen. "You will not live that long, Lightning stone takes Eight decades of smelting at Lightning's heat to make a scratch."

Lorcan tensed, Maeve sneered. "So you're going to kill me, now are you?"

She shook her head, "Aelin will do it for me,"

The Queen of Terrassen wanted Maeve's head spiked more than she did. The bitch was only like a tiny thorn in her side compared to the spear she used to be.

Maeve tensed and whispered, "I'd watch what you say around the female your blood oathed too."

Aelin and Rowan walked into the room, she said just loudly enough. "You and I both know, you are not a female."

The entire room froze before Maeve made her demands to see Aelin's power. It was back and forth, About the Valg, King of Adarlan. She tensed when they spoke of the mark of the Nameless and Rowan blinked at her. She breathed shallowly, straining against the blood oath as much as possible.

She sent her ghosts to whisper in Aelin's ear. Yet the girl only winked at her, which Maeve took as the greatest insult. Hissing before she asked, like a fake sweetly, scary school girl. "You have an inkling of their whereabouts though, don't you?"

Aelin opened her mouth, yet she noticed the way Maeve clenched the stone of her throne. Causing her to glance at the stone, she watched the gearing click in the girl's mind.

So much stone in the City of Rivers. So much water. What a strange place for a city to go, even with the fae. You will never speak of how you discovered why I built this city and the purpose of it's location. The Blood Oath squeezed her heart and she closed her eyes. Half wishing it would just fucking kill her.

Aelin caught onto the word Maeve had used... taken.

"Don't you?" Maeve pressed.

Stone– not a sign of wood, save for plants and furniture...

"No, I don't." Aelin said calmly. But this wasn't Aelin, no this was Celaena. The scheming assassin, who clawed her way to the top of the food chain. By pain, suffering, blood, death; With her claws and teeth.

"Rowan, rise and tell me the truth." her heart clenched. Rowan. You will never tell Rowan about my hand in Lyria's death. She couldn't hide it from him forever, she tugged harder, The stone of the arms of Maeve's throne cracked as her fingers gripped it so tightly.

Maeve pressed, harder and harder. She had discovered her obsession with the Wyrd keys centuries ago. In her deep search looking to destroy Maeve. Aelin however, had just figured it out as the twins held Rowan down. As the Dark Queen ordered the twins to whip, whip Rowan until Aelin chose to reveal their location.

Aelin, who was once a slave.

A whip because Maeve knew that.

His powers healed him quickly, not as much blood as the Queen would have normally drawn. Because Maeve– Maeve was fucking terrified of Aelin. "Not for all the world, Aelin? But what about Prince Rowan?"

Because Rowan was blind, and Maeve had been pulling these string for centuries.

"Don't." Maeve had fucked witht he wrong Queen. And Aelin who watched her mate suffer without knowing it, set the world on fire.