"Baby, see, she threw wine on my dress," Amanda whined, her voice quivering with anger and frustration. Niya scoffed, her expression smug and self-satisfied.

"Oh, yes, baby. I threw it because she was irritating me," Niya mimicked Amanda, her tone dripping with disdain. I couldn't help but stifle a laugh, but quickly covered it up with a cough as Amanda shot me a withering glare.

"Look at her, she's wearing the same color dress as me. I asked her to change it," Amanda cried, wrapping her arms around my torso for comfort.

"You're being childish, Ama. How can you ask her to change just because it's the same color?" I reasoned with her, trying to diffuse the situation.

"But then she threw wine on my dress," Amanda protested, her eyes filling with tears.

"Niya, say sorry to her," I sighed, already feeling exhausted by this pointless drama.

"Not happening," Niya rolled her eyes and started to walk away.

"Look, did you see how arrogant she is?" Amanda gritted her teeth in frustration.

"Don't you dare roll your eyes at me and walk away from me," I warned Niya, gripping her hand tightly.

"Let me go, Cedric," Niya pleaded, trying to wiggle out of my grasp.

"I said, say sorry," I gritted my teeth, my grip tightening on Niya's hand.

"Let go," Niya whimpered.

But I was not going to let go so easily. Niya and I locked eyes, both determined to win this power struggle.

I was determined to get an apology out of Niya, no matter what. Neither of us was willing to back down from our little challenge, despite the growing tension between us.

"What's going on over here?" Jeveria's voice boomed, drawing our attention. Neither Niya nor I were willing to let go, each of us determined to emerge victorious.

"Beta Cedric, let go of her hand," Jeveria spoke softly, yet her words held a note of command. I still had no intention of releasing my grip.

"Are you listening?" she spoke again, her tone growing more insistent. But I wasn't going to listen to anyone until my wife backed down.

"Beta Cedric, it's my order. Let her go," Jeveria growled, her eyes flashing with anger.

My wolf howled for me to let go, but my stubbornness refused to give up. It was a struggle, a fierce battle, but I held on tight to her hand.

I could sense the tension between us, Niya's eyes betrayed her own internal conflict and she averted her gaze. I knew I had won.

But as soon as she looked away, I realized that it wasn't a victory worth celebrating. Reluctantly, I let go of her hand, feeling defeated.

"Amateur kids," Jeveria muttered disdainfully, shaking her head at our childish behavior.

Niya vanished into the crowd, leaving me feeling both relieved and empty. I grabbed a flute of champagne and made my way to the balcony, hoping the fresh air would help me clear my head.