Bente-Sais

Dane

I woke up feeling hungry. Napatingin ulit ako sa relos ko. Exactly, three A.M. Again.

I shake my head and glanced at my side. Mahimbing na natutulog sa Kuya.

Tumayo na ako at inikot ang paningin sa buong sulok ng kwarto. Until now palaisipan parin saakin kung paanong bigla nalang kami nandirito bigla ni Kuya. I bet that old woman Mayu has did this everything.

May dalawang pinto. I don't know where door I should open. This one? Or the other one?.

Sighing. I open the second door and to my surprice it was the kitchen. Holyfvck!. Lumuwa ang mata ko sa gulat at binalikan ang tingin ang kwarto na tinulugan namin at sa kusina ulit. This place is so fvcking magical.

Ano ba talaga ang Mayu na'yon?. Suddenly I remembered the wizard I just read from my books. Isa kaya siya doon?

But she said she don't know what she is. Either she's not telling the truth?.

Pumunta na akong kusina. The only food here was fruits. Mabuti nga't meron pa.

I grabbed the apple and washed at the little basin. Parang baul.

"Can't sleep?"

"Ay aswang!" Muntik ko ng mabato ang mansanas ng magsalita bigla sa likod ko si Mayu the old Woman.

"I'm not old." Sabi ko nga.

"Can't sleep?" Ulit niyang tanong at tinanguan ko lang siya.

"Bakit mo pala alam na gising pa'ko?" I asked her.

"I'm not sleeping."

"Haa?!" Parang nawindang yata ang mundo ko dahil sa sagot niya. Siya? Hindi na natutulog, anong sabon niya Tide or Ariel?.

"I don't sleep." Ulit niya at wala ako sa sariling kumagat sa mansanas.

"Ano kaba talaga?" Wala sa sariling pagsasalita ko habang ngumunguya ng mansanas.

She shrugged. "Told you, I don't know what I am. I'm just Mayu, Your gentle truth." She answered. I can't tell  if she's telling the truth. Her eyes are blank.

"Can you heal?" I asked again and she nod.

What the fvck?. Omyghod. "Are you a babaylan?." I asked her amusedly.

"Don't know." She replied and grabbed one of the apple and washed at the little basin and get some glass and gripped the apple tightly. S-she's making an fresh fvcking apple juice by her hands!.

"You're fvcking strong." I uttered and she just smirked arrogantly.

"What is your connection to us?." I asked her after she tasted her apple juice.

"None." Tipid niyang sagot saakin.

"How powerful are you?"

"Wanna try?"

"No thanks. Can you teleport?."

"Sometimes. It's depend on the situation given."

"Can you creat fire by your hands?"

"Yes, want to get burn?"

"No way in hell!."  I hissed and she just chuckled coldly.

"Where is your parents?" I asked again. Sorry naman chismosa lang.

"I don't have one." Sagot niya.

"Sorry for that. Kailan sila namatay?." Mahinang tanong ko pero ang ikinataka ko ng tumawa siya ng mahina.

"What's funny? Are you still happy that your parents died?." I asked her with confusion. Her laugh became harder.

"I said. I don't have one. I don't have parents. I came from a stone." She laughed and I blinked.

"Ginagago mo ba ako?" I said in furious.

She stopped laughing and cleared her throat. "I'm not. I'm telling the truth actually. I'm Mayu---"

"Yeah. You're Mayu and you are the gentle truth. Aside from that what else?." I cut her off.

"Nyx created me from stone."

"Nyx? As in Nyx? The Goddess of the Moon?." I asked in horror. In the greek mythology. Nyx is the Goddess of Moon.

She nodded here head. "Yes."

"Oh damn" I cursed. Hindi ako makapaniwala. I thought I'm here in Capiz because of my punishment. But it all comes here. The creatures, aswang, tiktik, The wolf-guy, Lola Maricar and Nanay Esmeralda and lastly this Mayu Woman.

"When we can go home?" Tanong ko at kumagat ulit ng mansanas.

"Not now."

"Malamang, alas tres palang ng umaga eh." Pagpipilosopa ko but she's not affected at all.

She became silent in a minute. Maybe she's thinking something.

"Want some adventure?." She asked after her long silenced.

I blinked. "W-what?"

"Want to go to the brgy. Of Aswangs?" She asked again  at sa totoo lang gusto ko ng mawalan ng ulo dahil sa tanong niya.

"Barangay ng Aswang? Are you out of your mind!? Todo takbo nga kami papalayo sa kanila tapos kami pa mismo ang lalapit?. Godness! Maganda ka nga shunga naman!." I clutched my hair and messed it.

...
SP