6.07 - 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝘿𝙖𝙬𝙣

THE AUTHORITIES WERE walking around the venue and had declared it a crime scene. They apprehended the defeated Tracksuit Draculas as well as Rhino...which they needed a forklift and a lot of man power to move him.

The LARPers spoke to their fellow first responders and detailed what they did. Jack Duquesne sat with Wendy, who offered him a place in their group. Jack thought about it...being a swordsman in that guild could be a good form of leisure.

Aaron Davis, Yelena Belova, and Maya Lopez fled the scene before they can be arrested. Unfortunately, Wilson Fisk could not be located either.

Clint and Kate sat on the back of an ambulance while Y/N stood by the door beside them. They had been treated by an EMT earlier and the web-slinger already felt much better than he did thirty minutes ago.

"You know, I gotta be really honest with you, Kate." Clint began. "It's doesn't happen too often, but...every once in a while you come across somebody...that just makes you better in every way."

Kate looked at the older man, taking in his words

Kate looked at the older man, taking in his words. She assumed he was reflecting on their current partnership. Y/N also thought about his statement...and remembered how he used to feel like he had nothing, but that's changed.

Clint continued and looked at his clothes. "And that Missy, boy, she just...outdid herself with this suit. And the elasticity of this fabric..."

Kate chuckled. "Okay, you can stop."

"Yeah, I still gotta thank them for this. And ask where the heck they got the materials." Y/N remarked.

Clint examined his battle-damaged suit. "And they might have to make you a new one, anyways. How that'd get so bad?"

He scoffed. "Well, old man, while you used idiots wearing adidas as target practice, I had to deal with an eight-foot Russian and cyborg with claws."

Clint shrugged. "But you're alive."

Y/N softly chuckled and nodded, then looked at Kate. "I probably wouldn't be if it wasn't for her."

Clint understood his remark, knowing what happened earlier. He looked at his mentee and softened his gaze.

"I know tonight was a lot. You took on Kingpin all by yourself. Not many people walk away from something like that. At least not in one piece. And I'm so proud of you."

Kate reached over and held his hand. "Thank you."

Y/N smiled beneath his scuffed mask, witnessing the moment between the two archers. Earlier that week, Barton wanted nothing more but to keep her away. Now, he accepted her as who she was...his partner and a fellow hero.