"How is the job going?" Without any further probing Gemma launched into everything. Never had I seen Gemma so excited, this time her face lit up with genuine happiness.

I listened as she spoke about the designs she'd done, and how her boss loved them. I filled her in on the fact I was in Italy (Gemma's favourite holiday destination, I walked her through the room, even showing her the ensuite. Gemma mentioned that Chase had gotten into some trouble with the police, nothing serious but he wasn't in his parents' good books.

However, the cute boys walking by in the background couldn't be ignored. Not because I found them attractive myself, but because they all peered over as they passed. Clearly checking out who Gemma was talking to. Of course, she'd been there for less than a week and already every boy fancied her.

"Damn, lots of cute boys." I said, knowing that would be the last thing she'd care about.

Gemma gave me a very unimpressed expression, confirming she didn't get a rats ass about them.

"Please, the guys here are so self obsessed." Gemma said as she sorted out her eyelashes using the phone as her mirror.

"You fit right in there."

Gemma tilted her head in a way that told me she wasn't bothered about others opinions. I loved that about her, the attitude of feeling so comfortable with who she was.

"I won't apologise for loving myself." And she didn't.

A rapid knock interrupted me before I could speak.

"Hold on." I jumped off the bed, I'd been laying down on and hurried to the door. To find Jake dressed for dinner. How long had Gemma and I been talking for?

"Food time." He simply said.

"Dam, that came fast, one minute." I ran back into my room, grabbing the phone which still had Gemma on the screen drawing. "Hey Gem, I'm really sorry I need to go, it's dinner time here."

"No worries, I have some work to do before I leave here. Have a great time in Italy and we'll talk when you're back?"

"Definitely."

We said our goodbyes. I quickly checked myself in the mirror, surprised by how good I looked in just wide legged trousers and a crop top.

When I joined Jake in the corridor again, his brow was creased with irritation. I notice him staring at the man posted outside my room. It was the first time I'd seen him there myself.

Without saying a word, Jake began to walk down the hall towards the dining room I assumed.

"What's with all the men? It seems like Dean is offering more than defence lessons." Jake asked once we were out of earshot of the guard. His aggressive tone annoyed me, we'd spend the day getting on okay and now he was about to ruin it.

"He's looking out for me, which is more than you are." I fired back, instantly regretting it. Getting defensive isn't going to help anyone I told myself.

My comment caused Jake to stop walking and head towards me, anger flashed in his eyes.

"I've already apologised for what happened with Dimitri. Don't let Dean fool you, Dimitri is his brother after all. If he really cared, he would have foreseen his brother's actions and acted before it became an issue. But he let it play out, and also stood by as father condemned you instead of Dimitri." Waves of rage crashed off of Jake, each one taking a notch. "Have you considered the possibility that Dean wants you to trust him? What better way than to make you believe he's the only one who can protect you."

Jake didn't wait for a response, he left and rounded the corner before I was able to fully understand what he was suggesting.

Yet again Jake talked in riddles rather than just giving it to me straight. He was so frustrating to be around because I had to work everything out, including him.