the notebook?

"i just don't understand, we literally only just decided to take things further and she says it's over already!" leah exclaimed frustratedly, gripping the passenger seat of my car as i swerved around the corner.

i was taking leah back to my place. my sister had gone to stay with mum, which was convenient because it meant that leah could sleep in her room for the night.

"did you ask her why?" i questioned, keeping my eyes on the road.

leah sighed. "she's not ready for long term commitment apparently. i think she's just scared but i have no idea why, i never said we had to get married right away! i would've been perfectly fine taking things slow!"

i pulled up outside and we both jumped out, making our way up the seemingly never ending stairs. after fiddling with the keys in the door i eventually got it open and leah headed straight for the couch, her hoodie up over her head, tugging on the strings to pull it tighter.

i looked at her, letting out a soft laugh. her eyes met mine and she gave me a small smile. i knew how hard that smile was to give considering the state she was in, i was grateful.

"so," she beckoned me over, grabbing the tv remote "the notebook?"

————
THIRD PERSON POV

sam and erin were currently sat eating, or should i say demolishing, possibly the best pasta sam had ever eaten in her life at some hole in the wall italian place near erin's house.

"so you seriously don't remember anything?" erin pressed, having already asked the australian 50 times today.

sam sucked up the piece of spaghetti that had been dangling from her lips and frowned at the scot. "no!" she exclaimed "why do you keep asking me that? you never ask me that after a night out, so what happened that you so desperately need me to remember?"

"sam, man" erin sighed, shaking her head, "you kissed the physio" she finished, bluntly.

sam's eyes went wide, her fork dropping and hitting her plate with a loud clang. seconds passed before she furrowed her eyebrows, wagging her finger at the girl across from her.

"no, no" sam began "you're lying to me, jokes over ez, this isn't something to joke about"

erin looked her dead in the eyes, not even showing a hint of a smile which is when sam came to the daunting conclusion that she was infact not joking, and she had kissed eleanor.

"shit"

"look it's not as bad as you think, it was just a dare and it was over as quick as it happened, why do you care that much anyway? you've kissed loads of girls on nights out, you like her, don't you?"

sam shook her head immediately. "no i don't, she's the boss' daughter for godsake ez"

erin looked at her accusingly. "tell me the truth, kerr"

sam stuttered, breaking under the scot's gaze. "fine, maybe a little bit but that's it"

"i knew it! you should tell her, i saw how she looked at you yesterday and she barely had a drop of drink"

sam pondered, what if i did tell her? she thought. what if she feels the same?

"i need to go and talk to her"