last minute winners

"so i go to her and i'm like, beth what are you doing? but she just stands there looking at me in the hotel room, a thong over her head and her phone recording the whole thing" leah recalled with a laugh to the shorter girl sitting across from her.

leah had taken eleanor to a newly opened cafe, as promised, after she had finished work for the day. eleanor had been proven wrong, she was actually enjoying catching up with leah.

"i miss her" eleanor finally responded after the laughter had stopped. "i miss all of you guys"

"hey you could always come back, we have an open position"

eleanor pondered. "i don't know, i do like it there and i'm making friends pretty quickly."

"look, eleanor i have to be honest with you about something"

"what is it?"

leah paused and took a deep breath. "i thought i wanted to start something romantic with you again, but after kissing you i just.."

"just what?" eleanor questioned softly.

"i'm in love with jordan" she confessed. to her greatest surprise, eleanor just smiled at her confession. "wait why are you smiling"

"i know i never got to see you guys together, but i know you both and i know how good you could be together. so i'm happy for you, no hard feelings. and if we're being honest i think im starting to have feelings for someone too"

leah raised an eyebrow. "oh really miss hayes? care to tell me who?"

"not yet" she responded "im not even sure about it, plus i couldn't do anything about it anyway she's kinda off limits."

the defender nodded in response. "been there" she said.

"i don't know i'm just kind of enjoying life at fhe minute which is unusual for me"

"thats good, im glad. you deserve it eleanor. and don't forget, im always here for you and i'll always have love for you okay?"

"i love you too, williamson."

————
eleanor trekked up the stairs of her apartment block, letting out a sigh of relief when she was able to walk through her front door.

"hey sarah" she greeted the girl who was currently watching something on the tv.

"hey el, where have you been?" sarah responded without moving her eyes away from the screen.

"i was with leah"

sarah's head snapped towards the girl at the door. "what!"

"no, no not romantically don't worry"

"you scared me! thank goodness". eleanor laughed in response before moving to the kitchen to tidy around a little bit.

"have you even moved from the couch today?" eleanor questioned.

"yes obviously, i needed to pee and eat"

she sighed, rubbing her head. "this isn't healthy sarah, i know you're heartbroken but sitting around feeling sorry for yourself is only gonna make you feel worse. let me take you out tomorrow morning. i'll take you to my favourite cafe. the game doesn't kickoff until 5pm so i basically have the whole day."

sarah nodded slowly. "okay, thank you eleanor, you're a good person you know"

"of course"

just as eleanor was about to head off to her room, sarah called her back. "hey, a girl from mum's team was here looking for you earlier"