mates and dates

eleanor spun around aimlessly in her blue chair, waiting for the girls to finish training. the arsenal game was two days ago, but since then everything had been quite quiet.

leah had texted her a couple of times on instagram, asking if the two could go out sometime. eleanor ignored it at first, but then the girl became persistent, so she agreed to go.

she had no problem with her, but it had taken eleanor so long to get over the girl and she didn't know if she was ready to put herself at risk of having to do it again. but the date was set up. a simple coffee, today, when eleanor finished work.

her and sam had been texting every now and then too, starting to become closer. eleanor enjoyed learning more about the aussie, and sam felt exactly the same way. she knew that sam was off limits romantically, but she still wanted to be her friend. no harm in that right?

she heard a whistle blow and moved to the big window in her physio room to see the girls all jogging into the building. she spotted sam, laughing with erin and ji. erin said something to her, making her throw her head back with laughter. eleanor watched on with a smile.

once she moved back away from the window she began to take out all of her oils and ointments from the drawers to prepare for the session.

about 10 minutes later there was a knock on the door and the brown haired girl popped her head through.

"hey superstar, what are you doing here, you're not scheduled in?" eleanor questioned with a smile.

sam entered the room fully, closing the door behind her softly. "hey, i just wanted to check up on my favourite physio"

eleanor put a hand to her heart, dramatically, before picking up a bottle of massaging oils and holding it in the air. "i'm your favourite? i'd like to thank my mum, my sister, my best friend..."

the aussie laughed softly. "shut up, idiot". she moved closer to the girl. "hey, i was uh, i was wondering if you'd like to go for coffee later?"

the hayes girl raised an eyebrow. "are you asking me out? that's not very professional miss kerr"

sam's eyes went wide. "no! no no, sorry, don't worry, i just, sorry, i thought we could spend more time together outside of footy"

eleanor giggled, "i'm just messing with you. also i made plans with leah tonight, but i'd love to go another time"

sam looked visibly disappointed at the mention of leah. "oh okay, that's fine, just let me know yeah?"

the blonde nodded. "excited for the game?" she questioned, referring to their league game against manchester city tomorrow.

"i guess, big game though"

"is the sam kerr nervous right now?"

sam shoved her, "absolutely not, sorry, i was made for this shit"

both girls softly laughed, not losing eye contact for a single second. it felt like forever before sam cleared her throat.

"i better go, going to the pool for a bit"

"okay, enjoy, see you later superstar"

sam smiled at the nickname, superstar, and exited the room only to be met by the big grinning face of erin cuthbert.

"you like her don't you" she stated, her arms crossed over her chest. in response sam quickly shut the door behind them in the hopes that eleanor wouldn't hear the scot.

"what? don't be stupid" sam snapped back, walking down the corridor.

erin just followed her, speed walking to keep up. "don't lie, i can tell. i heard that whole little conversation, superstar"

sam just shrugged. "even if i did, she's going out with leah williamson so what does it matter, but i don't"

erin stopped, placing a hand on sam's shoulder to make her stop too. "leah williamson?"

"yes?"

"she can't be, leah is with jordan"

sam looked puzzled. "they broke up, that's what leah told eleanor"

erin shook her head confidently. "i saw jordan and leah just yesterday on a date"

sam just waved her off. "they're probably still friends"

erin rolled her eyes. "so friends kiss?"

the aussie stopped in her tracks. "wait, they kissed? but leah kissed eleanor after the game?"

the two girls shared a knowing look.

————

A/N - just a short chapter sorry! i just didn't want to keep you guys waiting much longer, but i'm already working on the next one.

hope you're enjoying the story!