the morning after

SAM POV:

light seeping in through the cracks in the blinds made me grimace and eventually open my eyes. i looked around slowly, still taking long blinks to try and steady my vision. that's when it hit me. this isn't my bedroom. shit.

i sat up quickly, regretting it straight away as i felt the sharp pain in my head. i scanned around the room before my eyes settled on the girl next to me. it was eleanor. what the fuck did we do?

"good morning" she rasped out, making me jump. her light brown hair was sprawled all over the pillow and only her head was sticking out from under the sheets. her lips looked light pink and plump, the morning sun shining on her face only making her more gorgeous. "earth to sam?" she added when i didn't respond.

"oh, uh sorry, good morning" i replied, eleanor looking at me with a smile. "hey, eleanor?"

"yeah?"

"did we... you know," i asked in a low voice before the girl just giggled and shook her head.

"you wish" she said with a smirk, earning a small smack from me. "no don't worry. you got quite drunk and you wouldn't tell me where you lived so i just brought you here, sorry" she informed me, a shy smile playing on her lips.

"oh, no don't apologise, thank you"

"so," she started, sitting up in the bed alongside me, "hungover?"

i groaned in response, rubbing my forehead with both hands before bringing them down to cover my face. "so fucking bad" i mumbled out against my palms, hearing a short laugh from eleanor in return"

"well, lucky for you, superstar, there's pills on the bedside table for you"

i threw my arms around her and shook her a little to show my happiness. "you are a blessing, eleanor hayes". i turned to take the pills, throwing them back with some water that was on the table too. "so how bad was i?"

"what do you mean?" she questioned, "do you not remember anything?"

i turned to face her. "not at all, all i remember is actually arriving there and seeing erin." i noticed her face visibly drop at this, but i didn't know why.

"oh okay, no you weren't bad"

i looked at the alarm clock besides the bed and realised it was 11am already. "shit, i'm meeting erin today"

"okay, your clothes are on the chair" she replied. i looked over to the chair next to her dresser and saw my outfit from the night before folded neatly, bringing a small smile to my face. "but you might want to borrow a shirt" she added. i looked towards her in confusion. "yours is full of beer" she finally finished.

eleanor gave me a shirt to borrow and i eventually headed out. i called erin and she pulled up outside eleanor's apartment shortly after.

"so," erin started as we drove away from eleanor's, "what did you two get up to last night then?"

i furrowed my eyebrows at her. "what do you mean? she just took me home because i was drunk ez don't get it twisted"

"i don't recognise that shirt, sammy, just saying!" i shot her a dirty look. she looked back to the road and just nodded slowly. "where do you wanna go?" she asked.

"anywhere"

————
ELEANOR POV:

as soon as i closed the door after sam i rested my head against it, closing my eyes.

"what was that about?" sarah suddenly spoke making me jump. i turned to her with a snarl.

"just, don't please i'm not in the mood" i replied, storming back to my room.