Chapter One Hundred & Twenty Five

The penultimate chapter is up, I'm quite sad it's coming to an end but all good things do. Thank you for all the love, it's been amazing seeing this story grow with Alex and Daniel.

I didn't think it would be loved so much, I just started writing one day letting it flow and I didn't even think about people liking it, but it's been beautiful to see, so thank you all so much and please enjoy!

❤️❤️❤️

Daniel POV

To say I was bricking it was an understatement. I knew I wanted to do it, but I was so nervous, I didn't know if this was normal or not. We flew to Nice from Australia and stayed in Monaco for a few days, then I drove to St Tropez. Alex knew nothing, and I managed to convince her I was just taking her for a little trip ourselves before she went to Italy with Chloe. I tried to be upbeat and normal for the journey but I was all over the place and so quiet.

I could drive a car round a track at ridiculous speeds, take risks every weekend, and be okay with it. But this, this was really killing me. What if she said no? What if she walked away and left me? I couldn't bare it if she did, I don't even know what I was meant to say or do. It was two years ago we saw each other and fell really quickly, but I couldn't imagine being with anyone else, she was everything. She was the reason I worked my damned hardest everyday, to show her I was deserving of her, I loved her, I was in love with her. Everything, the way she wakes up in the morning, the way she hums to herself in the morning making breakfast, completely out of tune but it was her. The way she wanted to cook for me, and we bickered about it. The way she loved having movie nights snuggled up on a blanket, the way she called Australia her home and wanted to be there. The way she was with my family, like another piece of jigsaw fitting in perfectly, how she was such an amazing auntie to Issac and Isabella, everything she did sent my head in a spin.
How, when the greatest day of my life came, my greatest goal in life was achieved, she was the one I wanted to share it with, she was the person I looked for. I knew I loved her, and I knew I wanted a future with her, but that moment, winning my first championship, that was when I wholeheartedly knew, she was the girl I was going to spend the rest of my life with.

"Dan what are we doing?" Alex asked as we pulled up to the fancy hotel I had booked. I loved it when she called me Dan, or even Danny Ric, or by my last name. To be honest I loved it when she called me anything.

"I wanted to spoil you, can you just go with the flow and enjoy it?" I said to her

"Okay okay" she held her hands up defensively and giggled

"Thank you, now come on" I told her, getting out the car, I handed my keys over to the valet as they unloaded our bags from the boot, it was only a couple of days, I had told Alex to pack for a three day trip, including something nice for dinner and that was it, she was annoyed that she didn't have any more information that that but nevermind. She would thank me later... at least I hope she would. It was late, we had been so busy since being back, so tonight was food and bed, the fun started tomorrow.

Alex POV

The day had been a long one, I was still tired, but Daniel had told me to enjoy it and that I would. Plus it wasn't often we got to go away, away from everyone else and just be us. Not that I didn't love our jobs, or his family and friends. But it was always nice to be just the two of you. We were in St Tropez and it was nice actually. Not too warm due to the time of year but it was a nice sunny day and it was okay. We had spent the day shopping and sightseeing and just going with the flow and seeing where the day took us, it was perfect.

I smoothed down my dress from dinner, Daniel came was in the living room area of suite we were in, dressed in fairly smart attire, still Danny Ric vibes though. It made me smile.

"You look beautiful" Daniel smiled, he looked odd though. He had been odd for the last couple of weeks, and this trip was out of the blue to me, but sometimes Daniel was a spontaneous person and you just had to go with it, it was something I loved most about him actually, it pushed me out of my comfort zone when he made ridiculous last minute plans.

"Thank you" I smiled, he held his hand out as he stood up and i entwined my fingers through his, he used it to pull me into him, catching my chin quickly and kissing me.

"I love you" he mumbled

"I love you" I replied back to him. He nodded quickly before we left the hotel. We drove a little before we got to a beach, it was so secluded and the sun was low, nearly setting.

On the beach was a canopy, lights draped from it, lighting up the table beneath that had been set up for a dinner, there was flowers and wine, it all looked magical, I smiled as Daniel led me down the beach to the table before sitting me down before he sat himself, he looked nervous again. I was eyeing him cautiously as he poured some wine for me to drink. We sat and ate our dinner and drank our wine for a little while, chatting away. It was beautiful here, it was perfect. He was perfect, I couldn't believe he'd do something like this for me, it was so peaceful, the water quietly lapping against the sand, no one else was around, so perfect.

"What is this for? We could of had a regular dinner in a restaurant?" I asked him

"You deserve so much more than that" Daniel said, he took my hand across the table and smiled, his usual smile. The one where his eyes light up and you can't help but smile back at him.

"Why are you so perfect?" I asked

"I'm far from perfect, but I'd do anything for you. Just to make sure you smile, and you're happy" he said. I could of melted at his words. "I'm going to miss you when you go to Italy" he said

"It's only for a few days" I said, I rubbed my thumb across his rose tattoo. It was funny we had the same one on opposite hands, so that whenever we held hands they were sitting together, it always made me laugh.

"I'm rarely away from you" he sighed

"I know, but you can show me how much you missed me when I'm home" I winked at him which made him laugh.

"I'm going to be really soft and sappy now, are you ready" he said, his laughter died down and he looked serious again. I shuffled in my chair and adjusted my dress which made him smile

"Right yes, now I'm ready" I said, he rolled his eyes before speaking.