Chapter Fifty-Nine

Daniel finished the race in p5. Lando finished the race in p8. We went straight off to do media, I handed Daniel a baseball cap when he took of his helmet and the three of us walked towards the media pen.
"Was Luisinha alright?" Lando asked
"Yeah, Hannah took her back to the trailer so she'll be there. She loved the race" I said to him
"You two seem to get on well" he replied
"She is really lovely, I'm not surprised" I said. We got nearer to media so we stopped talking about things and I set the guys up with different journalists to talk about the race.

"We need to think of a plan as to why I leave with her?" Lando said as we walked into my office. The weekend was done, race done, media commitments done, the boys had done their briefing after the race and we had to leave the trailer pretty soon as they would be packing it all up soon.
"Where is she staying while she's here?" I asked Lando
"She's in the same hotel" he said
"So leave how you came? Separately?" Daniel suggested
"Can we organise a car for her?" Lando asked. I nodded and sipped water from my bottle
"Then you will just have to hide in someone's room" Daniel said with a wink, I poked his arm
"I'll sort out a car and get her to it" I said. "Are you guys going to change so we can leave?" I said, the both jumped up from the sofa they were sitting on and left the room, they were still in their drivers stuff.

We left the paddock, I was walking ahead with Luisinha, Lando had already told her that he would meet her back at the hotel which she was fine with. I got her into one our cars and the driver took her. Lando got into his and I slid into Daniels as he held the door open for me. He winked at Lando and got in the car
"What are you winking for?" I asked, I could see Lando smirking. I didn't need to ask, they basically raced each other away from the track and up the freeway to the hotel "As if you haven't raced enough" I said shaking my head.

Because Daniel now had commitments in America with the Ellen show, and Lando would only be training and preparing. I stayed with Daniel in America, we went back to LA to our apartments which was only a couple of hours flight time, our cars getting sent back to LA for us as well. It was a bit annoying but Daniel covered everything. He was used to shipping cars about for himself. Michael was also with us as he would obviously still be training and things with Daniel, and Daniel barely went anywhere without him.

"Michael has asked if we want to go for dinner?" Daniel said as we pulled our bags through the airport.
"I don't mind. I want to go home and unpack and do some bits and pieces first" I said
"That's fine, we can meet you there?" He said. I nodded and we walked outside where our cars had been brought to the airport. They were sitting side by side in the car park and there were people gathering round them. Thankfully the people who had brought them were still there and sort of guarding them. Never did I think my life would be people doing this much for me, well it was for Daniel but like my car was shipped across state and brought to me. It felt weird and I wasn't sure. Daniel put my stuff in my car and his stuff in his car.
"We're going to Nobu, 7:30pm?" Daniel said as he pulled me in for a cuddle
"Sounds good to me, I'll meet you there" he put his hand under my chin to tilt my head up and kiss me before we got into our cars. Our houses weren't too far from each other so we headed up the same freeway, he kept messing about with me, so I gave him a taste of his own medicine, I put my foot to the floor and left him behind, but it didn't take him long to catch up. I shook my head and turned off at my exit, he flashed his lights at me and continued down the freeway. Pulling up into the garage of my apartment I felt instant comfort. I dragged my 005 bags to the lift and up the stairs. Coming back to LA meant I got to do plenty of washing and switch out clothes, and it also meant to I didn't live out of a suitcase for a while.

I moved around my apartment, I had my sliding doors open to the balcony to let some air in, I tidied bits and pieces and did my washing. As I was unloading my suitcase I saw Daniels orange Texas jersey. I don't know how that got there. I smiled, and then had an interesting thought. I got undressed and put it on, it hung just past my bum, and then I put my glasses on (Daniel loved me wearing glasses). I stood in front of my long bedroom mirror and took some pictures in it. I then text them to Daniel. He would appreciate it I thought. I then text Hannah to see how she was. I took it back off and added it to my washing, and then took a shower.

I climbed out wrapping a towel around me and another one in my hair. I put some of my styling product in my wet hair before drying it and straightening it, it had gotten long. I connected my phone to the speaker I had in my room and played some music while I got dressed for dinner. It was already 6pm. I pulled on my blue jeans, and my heels, and then put on a white off the shoulder corset type top. I picked up my phone and saw messages from Hannah; "I'm good thank you. Just waiting until the time to find things out and then tell people. Liams been really good"
And then a message from Dan; "you definitely wear that better, wow😍"

I made sure my hair was still good and picked up my bag after typing responses to both Hannah and Daniel, I left my apartment and headed down to the car. I was so hungry I couldn't wait to eat!!