Chapter Sixteen

"You know what will cheer you up?" I asked Daniel as we laid in his bed watching a movie
"Go on?" He said turning to face me
"You're gonna help me get my revenge on Michael" I said
"You've got the most mischievous look on your face, but absolutely" he laughed. He sat upright, "what are you thinking?"
"That's for me to know and for you to just follow instruction" I said tapping the side of my head. "Now come on, I need to get the supplies" I said pulling him him to stand up with me. It didn't turn out so well, he's obviously a lot stronger than I am and he pulled me back down on top of him.
"Oh hello there" he smirked. I propped myself up on his chest, and shook my head at him.
"We've got important things to be getting on with"
"Maybe I have something equally as important to be getting on with" he whispered staring straight into soul with those big brown eyes of his. "I want some of that special Ricciardo treatment from yesterday" he spoke so low and quietly it made his voice deeper and huskier and honestly I could barely contain myself.
"You can have some of that later" I winked, getting up off of him. I put my shoes on and walked towards the door.
"Uggghh" he groaned before putting his own shoes on, and a hat and followed me out.

We took a walk to the nearest supermarket and I picked up duct tape, some bang snaps and loads of googly eyes. Daniel laughed when I met him outside with the goods.
"Right Mr Ricciardo, your mission is as follows. Go and get Michael and get him to go get a snack or something with you while I put my plan in motion"
"Aye aye captain" he said laughing at me.
I made it inside Michael's room and set about my plan. I put some bang snappers underneath the toilet seat and carefully put the seat back down. This one could fail but we'll see. I used the duct tape on all the taps in his room so that when he turned the water on it angled the water to spray onto him, and I put googly eyes on literally everything, in the fridge on the milk, in the cupboards, on his computer, literally everywhere. I then removed any trace of me being in the room and went back to my room where I then text Daniel.

"If you're free, come see me"

I said I would text him when I was finished. I made myself a cup of tea and went and sat on the balcony, I was in Daniels hoodie so I was nice and cosy.

Hands went over my eyes and I could feel the heat radiate from them, which of course was only one person, because I could smell his aftershave as well.
"Guess who?" He tried putting on a fake accent
"Erm, Ooh is it Liam Hemsworth" I guessed messing about with him.
"Hey, I'm the only Australian you should fancy!" He said as he moved round in front of me.
"Oooh fancy? Who said I fancy you" I quizzed. He huffed and then picked me up from my chair and threw me over his shoulder, I screamed as it happened so fast. He put me down on my bed and climbed on-top of me and pinned my hands down
"You should fancy me. I'm hilarious, I'm a top comedian, I'm a professional athlete with a beautiful body and the most amazing smile" I laughed
"Someone's full of themselves ain't they" I said teasing him.
"You're going to hurt my feelings here" he said, moving his face closer to mine
"Oh shut up and just kiss me instead of being a tease" I spoke softly, he didn't need to be told twice.

The revenge on Michael went splendidly, he came looking for me and I literally had to hide behind Daniel, I knew he would get me back but it was too funny. He was soaked in water, I couldn't stop laughing.
I spent the next few days in Monaco with Lando like we said and I stayed at his place. It was good, we chilled out and had fun. He's like my brother and it feels nice to be able to spend the time with him like we used to. Daniel went back to Australia to see his family for bit and spend some time there, he left straight away and we were all meeting in Portugal ready for the next race week. He text me constantly and I did really miss him it was crazy. But it gave him time to really focus and spend time with his family and to train as much as possible with Michael.

"Alex, do you want to go out for dinner later? My treat?" Lando called from the kitchen.
"Do I have to dress fancy?" I asked
"Well it is Monaco" he stated walking into his living room where I was laying on the sofa looking out the window. I sighed as I rolled off the sofa and landed in a heap on the floor and he roared with laughter, and I scowled at him
"Shut up" I said getting up and shoving him. "I will go and get dressed then" I got ready in what Lando called my holiday home room. He had a spare and it was nice to feel homey here.
"I think Charles and Max are coming" he shouted out. The three of them were fairly good friends off the track, and they all lived in Monaco so went out together a fair bit. I had never really spoken to Max, I knew Charles and he was quite a good character so I didn't mind too much. I walked out my room probably about an hour later wearing a dress and some heels, which is quite a rare sighting. I took a picture for the 'gram as standard in my bedroom mirror before joining Lando in his kitchen. He was dressed in a shirt and smart trousers. Full Monaco style. He wolf whistled at me and I shoved his arm chuckling as I put my phone in my bag.
"Come on, we'll take my car" he said
"Well it's not like we can take mine... I don't have one here" I laughed at him. My phone whistled and I pulled it out my bag as we left the room.

"Damn. That's my girl right there♥️"

Daniel had replied to my story. I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks. I didn't see Lando looking over my shoulder at my phone.
"I think I'm gonna be sick" he said, mocking me
"Don't be jealous my friend" I replied as walked out of the hotel. We got into his car and there was cameras everywhere. Monaco was where a lot of formula one drivers and team members lived, it was like the pinnacle here, and so that meant there was constant cameras and paparazzi everywhere trying to catch a glimpse of one of them. We arrived at the restaurant and met Max and Charles outside. We sat down at our table and Lando introduced me.

"Max this is Alex, the glue that holds us altogether at McLaren" Lando spoke
"Hi" I waved at Max and said hello to Charles as well
"So I just need to take you out and then I'll be clear of any McLarens in my mirrors" Max joked in his Dutch accent
"That will be tough to do, I assure you. I'm tougher than I may appear and I think I could take you on" I said sipping my wine that had been placed in front of me. They all laughed at the table as Max was speechless.

My phone buzzed in my bag and I took it out, Daniel was texting.

"Getting papped with my rivals and team mate🤣"

I laughed and started replying
"Ooh is it your boyfriend" Lando said teasing. I snapped my head up and shot him a look before putting my phone down, I drank some more of my drink
"You mean Daniel?" Charles glanced over across the table. I nearly spat my drink out. Lando was crying with laughter
"Sorry but no" I laughed. I don't know if they believed me or not but that could cause an issue, oh dear. I tried to sound convincing. If they didn't believe me they didn't really show it which I appreciated.

We finished off dinner and left the restaurant saying goodbye to Charles and Max. Once in the car with Lando I turned to him.
"Oh god-" I started, he held his hand up
"Don't worry, I think you're fine. Boys are oblivious to everything so it's unlikely they've added it up. Plus it's literally just us and Daniel that know"
"And Michael"
"Well that's a given, but don't worry. You're all good" I settled in my seat nodding in response to Lando.