The Demon investigation Part 2

Start from the beginning

Clary stepped forward and studied her daughters face, she frowned at the cuts and bruises and cupped Celine's cheeks with gentleness. "Are you okay?" She asked with concern painted all over her face.
"I'm fine Mom-" Celine started before Clary pulled her daughter into the tightest hug that Celine was struggling to breathe "Um Mom..."she choked out "Struggling to breathe here..."
"Oh Celine," Clary whispered not listening to Celine's protests as a Mother would when seeing that their child was safe and sound in their arms where they belonged not wanting to let them go.

"How did you-" started Simon his eyes still wide and had gotten rather pale but not as a pale as he was as a Vampire, as if he was badly car sick and dizzy. "Back at the institute the alarms went off," said Jonathan with Max eventually pulling away from the hug, "on the monitors it showed more Demons were coming your way...so."
"You come as backup?" asked Jace raising an eyebrow. "Yeah," said Jonathan quietly, he felt as if he was 5 years old again and being told off for something that he shouldn't of done.

"That was ALOT of Demons by the way," added Rebecca "and I mean ALOT, ALOT AS IN ALOT, They were like everywhere in this place-"
She was cut off by both Izzy and Simon practically throwing themselves onto Rebecca into a safe warm blanket. Rebecca cuddled into them closing her eyes for a few seconds feeling Izzy's gentle fingers brush through her hair as she did when Rebecca was a little girl and Simon showering her with kisses all over her face that made her giggle with how it tickled.

"Look at you," Clary said now making a fuss of Jonathan "all of you, you've all grown up."
"Mooooom-" Jonathan protested "We just did what we were supposed to do."
"She's right," said Jace quietly.
Celine couldn't keep her eyes off her Father, she frowned at how sad he looked, Wasn't he pleased to see them? to see her? He was so impressed back in the training room...what happened? Alec placed a hand onto his shoulder.

Rafael gave Celine a knudge "I am very impressed."
Celine couldn't stop her smile from forming, at least Rafael was impressed and pleased to see her. Celine didn't know why but she started to stutter "Y-You are?" She asked
Rafe rolled his eyes "Duh! That was total badass Celine, you showed those Demons who's boss."
Celine knudged him back "Thanks Rafael," she said "I appreciate it."
"Ofcourse," Rafael said, Celine didnt notice Rafael smile as he glanced at her and a blush heat rising at his cheeks, he ran his fingers through his curls.

***
"So I take it that you still haven't found the Queen," said Jonathan.
"Where else is there to look?" asked Rafe, he gestured to their surroundings of the one storage room that is covered in shelves of different merchandise and items that were stocked, coated in thick dust and spiderwebs. Alec shivered a little at the sight of a spider crawling with a million baby spiders crawling out of it. There was also a few locked doors of storage closets.

"There must be a secret passage or something,"started Celine "a leaver or button underneath an object? a doorway in one of the storage closets? Loose wooden boards? If we all search we could find-"
"Absolutely Not," Jace interrupted "We're all going home." This was what Celine had least expected Jace to say, and by the look of it everyone else thought so too. "What?"Celine asked "Dad-"
"That isn't like you Jace," said Clary frowning.
"Clary's right," said Alec "You're the one who would tare every one of these floorboards apart, the one who would literally throw themselves on top of every Demon that you see to get your sereph blade dirty and be any type of battle-"

Jace interrupted him, "Well I'm sorry if I'm not in the mood Alec but I've grown up!" He snapped.
Izzy let's out a slight laugh not believing what she was hearing "What?" She asked " Wait. The Jace Herondale, My Brother growing up? well I never-"
"It's Not Funny Iz!" Jace yelled "Because Of Me I've Lead Us Here! Because Of Me We Were Almost Killed!"

No one knew what to say, even Clary didn't know and she out of everyone could calm Jace down.
She hesitated a little, "But Jace-"she started "We weren't-"
"I know because our kids saved our asses!" Jace practically cried out "Because of something I did they put themselves in Danger, What if something had happened to them Clary? God. They could of been killed and I would of Never forgive or been even live with myself! And I know that you wouldn't of forgiven me either which would of been even worse."