The Bookstore Ghost

This one shot/ Short story is modern AU but Jesse is still a ghost in this like in The Last Hours trilogy. I might write a part 2 it depends really... but I do hope you enjoy!

Lucie and James Herondale were spending the day together, while visiting London town they both knew that they had to spend a hour or two in the biggest Waterstones book store. This wasn't any just any old bookstore, this was a magic bookstore as this where their parents Will and Tessa met, Where both James and Lucie said their first word's at this store along with buying and reading their first book here. Lucie also got her love of writing her own novels and always comes up with ideas for short stories and new chapters whenever she visits.

Stepping foot into the store, smelling the similar scent of warmth and books of old and new Lucie turned towards her older brother "I'm going to do a little writing for Coredelia,"she informs him. A smile crept onto James's lips knowing what 'A little,' writing is for Lucie, Cordelia is Lucie's pen pal who she met when she went on a trip to Paris with their mother and became very close friends with her during the two weeks that they spent over there. Lucie could of texted or phoned Cordelia but she always preferred to do it the old fashioned way, by writing letters which was far more exciting to her, she even sends a new chapter of her ever lasting novel called 'The Beautiful Cordelia,' along with every letter she sends. The two girls send letters to each other every 2 weeks.

James nodded a little with his two hands in his coat pockets "I guess i'll look for a new book then," he glanced at the towers of shelves in his surroundings "There's bound to be something that I haven't read yet." Both James and Lucie had read every single book that their parents has owned that took up most of the rooms inside their house.

Lucie giggled at herself as James started browsing the shelves, she knew it would be a challenge for James to find a book that hasn't yet read. Lucie walked over to a wooden table and chair at the back of the store an took out her writing journal that was filled with pages beyond pages of chapters from her bag before sitting down and opening the book writing onto a new page.

A few minutes later Lucie was already hooked into her writing, Describing the Cruel Prince James running down the castle staircase gasping for breath with every step he took until Lucie felt a slight chill hit her shoulder, placing her pen down onto the table Lucie puts her left hand onto her shoulder and looked up to see a Young Boy in a distance looking at her.

He was an ever so handsome boy Lucie thought, he had Black hair and jewelled Green eyes that were glistening and shinning as he looked at her. What Lucie found fascinating just by looking at him was with what he was wearing, rather old fashioned she thought a black waist coat with a smart white shirt with every button done up except one at the top and with slick black trousers with matched polished laced up shoes. This boy seemed to be the kind of boy she would write as the main hero of the stories that she writes and tells, in fact he was the perfect description of a prince or a handsome knight in shinning armour.

Lucie gave the young boy a small smile "Hello," she said gently. The boy looked taken back as Lucie started to talk to him as if she wasn't supposed to of seen him, he lets out a slight stutter "A-are you t-talking to me?" he asked her. Lucie laughed a little "Yes you,"she said "I am Sorry if I startled you." The boy sounded unsure as he spoke "Y-you didn't startle me," he said walking over to Lucie. "I couldn't help but...notice how you write, I have never seen anyone look so...well determined and so into their writing before."

Lucie felt herself start to blush upon her cheeks "Oh I love to write," she tells him "I write all the time, Short stories, chapters to my own novel you name it." The boy had a smile on his face as Lucie spoke "That is...incredible," he said "Is that what you're writing right now?" Lucie nodded "I'm writing to my best friend Cordelia, we met in Paris, with every letter I write I write a new chapter for her of my novel 'The Beautiful Cordelia,' it is about the adventures of a beautiful young woman named Cordelia and her love, Lord Hawke. The pair were separated when Cordelia was captured by pirates and the story follows her as she tries to find her way back to him."

Lucie had never seen someone other than Cordelia and her family react to her story react to her speaking so passionately about her work than this boy, this made her blush even more yet even more happy and pleased that someone is actually fascinated by her written work.

"You are really something miss um..." "Oh um Herondale, Lucie Herondale." At this moment in time Lucie felt as if she was a royal lady or a duchess or some sort meeting a potential suitor. The boy's smile only seemed to grow wider "It's a pleasure to meet you miss Herondale, My names Blackthorn, Jesse Blackthorn."

Lucie had never met a boy quite like Jesse before, he seemed too good to be true, as if Lucie was dreaming and if she blinks any moment he'll disappear. Now Lucie found herself start to stutter "D-do you come here often?" she asked him. Jesse nodded a little "I always come here,"he said "Its always magical whether its just browsing the shelves for something new or sitting with a hot chocolate reading, it's the best at the festive season." "Oh I couldn't of agreed more!" Lucie beamed, Jesse is perfect . Lucie had never thought that she'd ever meet a boy like him loving to read, and browse in her favourite bookstore in London, if not the entire world!

"I'd love to read your work sometime,"Jesse said, and now he wants to read her work! "All my other work is at home,"Lucie said sounding flustered. Jesse placed a hand on top of Lucie's that made her flinch, his hand was so cold, Jesse also flinched and immediately removed his hand from hers ever so quickly, his eyes widened slightly, he coughed a little before starting to speak again "Y-you can always meet me here," he said. "I'll write to you!"Lucie said sounding excited "Write me your address and i'll-"

"No need,"Jesse said "I'd prefer for you to meet me here..." Lucie furrowed her eyebrows together a little "Oh um...okay,"she said sounding un sure "It can be our own special place,"Jesse said, Lucie did like the sound of that, it gave her another idea for a new chapter already, she nodded "Alright,"she said with a small gentle smile.

Jesse was about to say something when she heard James's voice "Luce!" he said giving her a little wave stood by the check out with a book in his right hand, so he had succeeded. "Are you ready to go? or do you need yet another hour to write some more?" he asked.

Goodness has it been 3 hours already? Lucie looked at her pocket watch from her pocket and stood up quickly closing her journal and putting it back into her bag "Coming!" she called over to her brother. She turned her head back to Jesse "It was lovely to meet you Jesse, I am so sorry but I must get going, Shall we say to meet every other week, Friday? its always quite on Friday's."

Jesse nodded giving Lucie a warm smile "I'll be here," he tells her.

Lucie gave Jesse a smile in return before walking over to James.

"What's gotten you so happy?" James asked his little sister noticing the wide smile upon Lucie's face as the siblings walk out of the door. "Nothing,"Lucie breathed out she turned her head to look at Jesse one last time but he was already gone.