chapter twenty

TWENTY

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

She was still smiling when she stared at the ground, looking into nothingness before Finn continued with his talk.

"You can still talk to me if you don't know."

Joni sighed as the smile from her lips disappeared. She swished air in her mouth, pursing her lips together, thinking about what to say.

"Joni, if you don't want talk, that's fine. I just-" Finn stopped himself, thinking if the next thing to come out of his mouth would be a good idea. "I just think you should go talk to someone at least."

"I-I don't know, dude." She started. "I mean, I think I just felt kinda... lost, too. I don't know if you've noticed but I'm not even living with my own family so I can't really go to them either."

"But why didn't you tell Joe? Or anyone else or something?"

The girl shrugged. She genuinely didn't know what to say. She took the time off because she wanted to think about why her mental health had been so bad recently. Surely, it was a bunch of factors put together as one but mainly, for one reason, she knew why.

"I- uh," She started. "I think I was just jealous."

"Jealous?" Finn said, scoffing like he was about to laugh. "Of who? The people in Joe's comments? The ones that are oddly specific when they thirst over him?"

Joni smiled and tried to hold back from laughter because she knew how dumb it sounded. The embarrassment quickly overtook her and she facepalmed before nodding her head.

"Oh- my god, Joni." Finn was laughing at her in between his own words.

"Stop, I know." She was laughing at herself, along with him. "That's why I felt so pathetic."

"Dude." He said. "You need a serious reality check. You know-"

"Okay, okay." The girl cut him off out of embarrassment. She knew what he was gonna say to her and she didn't want to hear it in order to spare herself. "I know. You don't need to say it out loud."

"Alrighty then." Finn put his hands up in defeat, before he gave Joni another look, pursing his lips as he held back from saying anything else."But you do know that those people in his comments aren't gonna steal him away from you?"

"Okay, seriously?" Joni chuckled as she looked at him in a jokingly, disappointed way because he still went through with it.

"I'm just saying!" He said defensively. "I just very much doubt that Joseph was going to leave you for a rando in his comment section."

"Yup, I get it now." She said affirmatively. At this point, she could feel herself get red and tried to cover it up by burying her face in her palms before laughing it off. She knew how pathetic it was back then to get fussy over something so small and the patheticness was getting back to her again but this time, she knew how to handle it.

"Did you end up telling him?"

"No. And he will not be finding out, you hear me?"