chapter three

THREE

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

The afterparty was probably better for everyone who was there at the premiere. Everyone finally had a chance to relax and let out all their energy into a classic afterparty.

As for Joe, it was his very first one for an event so big that he was unsure about what to even do. On a couch, not so far away from the rest of the crowd, the couple sat uncomfortably, gazing at the group of people who were partying their night away.

It was loud in the room. Almost too loud that everyone was leaning into each others' faces in order to hear what the other was saying.

"I don't think I'm gonna recover after episode one for this season." Jonalynn tried her best to talk over all the noise in the room, Joe leaning in towards her to hear her better. "First episode was already crazy."

Joe chuckled. "Oh, just wait until-"

"NOPE." Jonalynn immediately shoved her palm on his mouth, stopping him from saying anything else. "I swear to God, Joe."

"Don't worry. My lips are absolutely sealed." The boy said after he pulled her hand off his face and wiped the area around his mouth with the end of his sleeve. "Also, your hands are sweaty. You okay?"

Joni sarcastically gasped before wiping her palms on her pants, just realizing how clammy her hands had been. "Yeah, I'm fine."

It didn't take long for Joe to examine the girl's behaviour to reassure himself. "You sure?"

Joni just nodded before she pulled her phone out of her pocket, trying to distract herself from everything around her, while Joe slid closer to her side, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and planted a quick peck to her head for her own comfort.

In just a few moments, the couple was minding their own business, Jonalynn scrolling endlessly on her phone, already looking at pictures from the red carpet that the press had already released. She looked at one the people took of her and Joe, examining the image as hard as she could before her focal attention was interrupted by a person who came running up to her and rapidly taking a seat right next to her on the couch.

"Joni!" said Maya, hugging the girl by her side. "You've been sitting literally the entire day. You should walk around and mingle for a bit."

"I'm exhausted, Maya." She said, slouching in her seat to show her friend how tired she was.

"You've also been saying that the whole day. Go do something. Like literally anything." Maya jittered her hands as a gesture towards the rest of the people who were roaming around and crowding the rest of the area around them.

"No." The girl responded bluntly, not taking her eyes off her phone, which was still on the photo of her and Joe.

"Ugh, fine." Maya turned to Joe. "Joe, why don't you do something at least."

Joe turned his head look at his castmate. "No." He answered, copying the exact mannerisms that Joni demonstrated just two seconds ago.

"Boo. You guys suck."

"Yeah, but you swallow." Joni said, still not looking up from her device.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny, Joni." Maya got up from her seat, grabbing her friend's wrist to drag her along. "Now you have to come with me just for that joke."

"Wha- Why me?" Jonalynn tried her best to pull herself back to her seat, while Maya tugged on her arm. "Take Joe. I don't even have to be here, he does."