chapter two

TWO

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

"So, how's your day been so far?" Finn continued on with the small talk, the conversation sorta getting more awkward, especially with the boy's awkward mannerisms and the girl's generic awkward presence she carried everywhere.

"It's been fine. Just exhausting. Literally on the verge of falling asleep."

"I know right. This is so fucking boring."

Joni looked at her friend like he said something stupid, because she genuinely believed he did.

"What?" He said, laughing to himself, knowing that Jonalynn knew he'd be making a joke. "It is boring. Look at us. We're literally just sitting here trying to small talk.

"Okay well, when you put it that way," Jonalynn started agreeing. "Maybe it is pretty fucking boring." She said, repeating the words of her young friend, letting him know that they were just playing around.

"How's Joe? Well, Joseph, I mean. Your boyfri-"

"Yeah, I know who you mean." She tried to help with the boy's words. "But shouldn't you know? You're literally castmates."

"Shouldn't you know better? You guys are dating. Plus, we literally have like, two scenes together."

Jonalynn chuckled, knowing he was right. She would know better than Finn. After all, they did live together in Manhattan, literally spending every single day of their lives together. At least they were for the past few months because Joe had to head to — for a few months to film a movie, while Joni was travelling all around the world to film the next super spy movie with other A-List celebrities.

"He's doing alright." She said, knowing very well that he was doing more than alright during their time of being physically together. The girl subconsciously looked around before she found the man she had just been discussing about with Finn, walking towards the two. "Speak of the devil."

"What'd you say about me?" Joe laughed between his words, knowing that his girlfriend was just joking around about it. "I was trying to find you and thought I lost you."

"Oh yeah. We were literally just talking about you." said Finn. "Don't worry. All good things. All good things."

Joe just looked at him, examining his mannerisms, skeptically.

"What? I mean it. I always love and care for all new cast members."

Joe and Joni just looked at each other like they were both about to burst out in laughter but managed to hold back. Joe sat himself in between the two on the couch, more closer to Joni's side, before leaning forward, looking back and forth between Joni and Finn, and rubbing his hands together nervously.

The silence was so awkward before he tried to revive the conversation back up. "What? You guys can continue your conversation, just don't mind me here."

Finn laughed due to the inconvenient situation he brought himself into. "We were barely even talking, plus I'm bored and there's nothing to do."

"Same. Kinda boring here." agreed Jonalynn.

"You guys are so lame. C'mon, it's the premiere, be lively!" Joe's enthusiastic energy brought Jonalynn to immediately recognize his accent again and couldn't help but laugh at him.

"Dude. We do this stuff all the time. We're tired."

"Well, Joe here is fairly new at it, so stop ruining it for him." Jonalynn looked at Finn from across the couch, trying to shut him up.