chapter eleven

ELEVEN

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

It's been a whole week since volume one came out and Jonalynn couldn't be happier for her boy, who had been beside her this whole time. Emotionally and physically.

But today was not a great day for Joni. That same morning she woke up with a weird feeling in her stomach. The same feeling she felt when she ate out with Joseph and his costars last Friday. She tried to ignore it for the rest of the day but it made her head ache.

The couple sat on each other's sides of the bench in Central Park. Minding their own business in their own world, and from time to time, a selection of would walk up to them and ask for a photo, a video, an autograph, or even just a normal hug, in which Jonalynn was not used to, but Joseph had convinced her to deal with as he was partially new to fan interactions.

However, for Jonalynn, it was different, compared to Joe. Joni was not the biggest fan of random fan interactions, especially with being with Joe. When she was with Joe, not many people would come up to her and ask for a photo, but now that more and more people were discovering him through Stranger Things, these interactions became more prevalent recently. It wasn't like all of the smiles she gave were fake, surely, she was tired, but she loved her fans and definitely loved taking photos and videos with them. It was her strong suit.

But now that she can go out in public with her current boyfriend, with her fans recognizing the both of them, it mentally drained her. Double the energy was killed for every interaction she had to put up with.

It was reaching the evening of that Thursday, in which New York would be the most busiest, so Joni and Joe decided to go on their calming walk to the Shakespeare Garden, one of the more secluded places in Central Park.

"I'm still not over that demobat scene." Joni said out of nowhere, sparking a conversation topic.

"Why? Because Keery is shirtless for the entirety of it?" Joseph looked towards his girlfriend, smirking as he teased her. He received nothing but a playful push from her as a joke.

"What? No. That's... That's just- No." She said, chuckling.

She knew it was a joke. However, Joseph was always teasing her, whether it was about Joni's relationships with his other castmates or about Joni's extremely busy schedule that made it seem like she had no time for him. Whatever it was, he always teased her about it, and she loved that about her relationship with Joseph. They could always take a joke.

"First of all, Joe has a girlfriend. And second, I am in love with the other Joe."

Joseph squinted at her, testing his own joke, again. He then pointed to himself and looked around, questioning if Jonalynn meant him. "Me?" He scoffed.

"You're crazy." She let out a short laugh, before shaking her head 'no' and smiled at ground below her.

"I know." Joseph smiled, as he used two fingers to tip Joni's chin back up to look at him before kissing her on the lips. A gentle, tender kiss like he usually made it. "Just messing around, love. Oh! Speaking of messing around." Joseph pulled out his phone, trying to find a particular app.

"Oh no." Jonalynn said, almost laughing to herself, as she saw him open Instagram.

"Yeah, I know. I don't even use my own account and you barely go on it either but have you seen the memes? And my comment section?" Joseph pulled up his only post on his account that he didn't even manage and handed his phone to his girlfriend beside him.