chapter sixteen

SIXTEEN

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

ONE WEEK LATER

'Sorry for like, calling every day. I know you said you weren't gonna use your phone but it's been like only a week and I just wanted to know if you're feeling well again. I think I'm just doing to this out of spite for myself. So yeah, this will probably be the last message. I don't know though. Sorry again. Although, I realized it's like 1am from where you are right now. But I just have this urge to call to know if you're alright. It's just an old habit I probably should just leave behind but you know. You know what? I'm just gonna hang up now, I'm probably annoying you. Love you. I'll see you sometime.'

Joseph clicked the red button on his phone to end the message he left for Jonalynn. He let out a sigh of exhaustion even though it was only the morning. At this point, he was sitting on the edge of his bed in his tiny little apartment in London, England. The one apartment he never really left. He knew his girlfriend was still living in Toronto but he still felt like it was an invasion if he ever left his home. Even though they were an whole ocean apart, he didn't want to leave.

Meanwhile, in Toronto, Jonalynn had her own free time. However, she used that free time to mope in her own bed at home. She could barely get up from her bed, wanting to throw up all over her sheets every morning from the nausea.

As the girl woke up from a nausea each morning, she also woke up to a bunch of different missed calls and late night texts from a variety of contacts on her phone. Many of which were from her friends. She usually only picked up her phone to respond back to a few, most were her closest family and friends that mostly no one knew of.

However, it was only a matter time to figure out where the morning nausea was coming from. She didn't even realize she said it herself in her open letter to the public when she said she was "feeling anxious as ever" to the point she couldn't do work anymore. Anxiety nausea was a real thing for her and Jonalynn believed it was taking up her whole entire life. Even after several negative pregnancy tests, the nausea she woke up with every morning was too frequent for her own well-being.

She also found out the reason behind her anxiety was mostly her waking up, only thinking about Joseph. How they were on separate sides of the planet and it was too late to go back to how it was before. It basically ruined her entire mornings every day.

A week into her hiatus, she found herself trying to pry into a normal life. Surely she couldn't go a day without a call from her agent, or a friend, or even her own family. But she hasn't used her phone since then and was starting to finally get used to it.

In her own time, she's found many escapes to her own freedom. From writing new projects to finding a new love for the visual arts, she tried everything that would her mind off her main career. Not much has worked much as she had always felt that weird feeling in her stomach almost 24/7, she thought that she couldn't get back to a normal life.

Deep down, she knew that's how the industry worked. Once you're on the screens, you're always gonna be known. At least that was the one thing she could accept.

The day was reaching the nighttime in Toronto and Jonalynn didn't know what to do after she had just finished her dinner by herself, in which in most times she found therapeutic but this every time this week, she felt like she was missing something a part of her. She knew she was missing Joseph, who was one flight away across the Atlantic Ocean, but she just assumed it was pathetic and selfish of herself to be thinking that.

From time to time, she would go out for a walk in the neighbourhood where she currently resided in. But surely, she wouldn't come across many people since the roads from one house to another were so long that you would even need to drive to next-door if necessary. It was almost in the middle of nowhere but so easy to get to that this huge, rich neighbourhood where she lived, was easy for her fans to figure out.

Joni also had time to finally go out and find some other source of comfort in the neighbourhood. But the one rule she had during this whole thing of hers was to not quite meet anyone or else she'd get attached like every relationship of hers. She wasn't looking for new friends.

She thought this city was her home but it didn't quite seem like home just yet.