20

Dakota

I couldn't take my eyes off what was in front of me. I don't know which part of me was screaming more my heart or... another area of my body.

A shirtless, wet hair, tattoos exposed, dimples on full display, and daddy duty Lorenzo was in front of me and let me tell you, this site is lovely.

I think he's doing this on purpose. The way he keeps flicking back his hair, giving me his panty-dropping smile, and keeps making direct eye contact with me while he does mild seductive things.

I constantly have to remind myself to blink, it's official I am obsessed with this man.

Now listen I have had my fair share of boyfriends but none of them has ever made me feel this way.

Since the situation with my sisters when they came to the house I've been looking at Lorenzo in a different light. The way he stood up for me, took care of Azia so that I can take care of myself, and then proceeded to take care of me and treat me with such fragility as if I could break at any moment.

Not only that night but every day. I always think about the fact that he— without any hesitation— let me and Azia stay in his home.

A home where it's usually only him and he never asked for a dime... good cause I'm super broke.

Not only these big gestures but the small things as well like buying flowers, running me a bath, massages, buying my favorite snacks when he's out, and cooking.

Before y'all say that's the bare minimum, men nowadays don't even do the bare minimum.

This sounds like I love him... WAIT— do I love him?

I just went on a whole rant about this man then going to ask if I love him. Of course, I love him.

Now do I tell him or do I wait?

I'm going to wait.

Or should I tell him?

I think I should tell him.

No, I can't go through the embarrassment if he doesn't say it back. He probably doesn't even like me for real.

Oh my, imagine he's been lying this whole time.

a/n: currently having leo flashbacks with that sentence^

But I should say it just to make sure.

Actually no.

I just need to sa- "If you keep looking at me like that we'll have two under two," Lorenzo voiced.

I'm pretty sure my brain stopped working for a while cause I could not process the fact that he just said what he said.

He laughed, "What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" I smile at him, "Nothing really, I'm just tired."

"Yeah okay," he scoffs. "You've been living with me for a good amount of time, you don't think I notice when your mind is moving ten thousand miles per minute." I just stare at him dumbfounded.

"When you're in your thoughts you zone out and your mouth parts slightly," he said as he gets out of the pool with Azia in his arms. I look up at him as he stands in front of me half naked with water dripping from his glorious body.

If this was an animation there would be hearts popping out of my eyes.

"Earth to Dakota." He waves his hand in my face, I blink back to reality. "You're sitting on the towel," he tells me and I embarrassingly pass him the towel from under me.

He sends me a glance then he and Zia make their way into the house.

• • •

"Dakota come to the room!" Lorenzo shouted from upstairs. I added one more thing to my cart and then made my way upstairs.

Soon as I enter the room Lorenzo takes my hand leading me into the bathroom.

Rose petals were scattered around the bathroom, the tub was filled, and there were candles lit all around the bathroom.

Before I could do anything Lorenzo led me to face the mirror.

"I don't ever want you to think that I would reject you," he says lowly and begins kissing down my neck. "I love you and Azia and it will be like this for the rest of my life. When we get married and when we have more kids and when we grow old," his hands go under my shirt caressing my stomach.

He loves me.

YES.

Lorenzo loves me.

"Can I take this off?" He asked tugging on my shirt. "Yes," I answered back way too quickly. He takes the oversize tee off my body, leaving me in just my underwear and bra.

"I saw the way you were looking at me while we were in the pool, you were basically screaming 'I love you' with your eyes," he chuckled.

Damn. I thought I was being discreet.

"I was wondering why didn't you say what was on your mind until I was going past the kitchen and heard you talking to yourself, saying how there's no way I could love you back," he continues.

Note to self: stop talking aloud to yourself.

He turns me to face him cupping my face with his hands.

"I love you. I love you so much, Dakota."

No, I'm not crying and no Lorenzo did not just wipe a tear from my eye.

A smile appeared on my face and I jumped into his arms wrapping my legs around his body.

"I love you too! I love you so much!" I said a bit too excitingly. Lorenzo smiled as he kissed me all over my face.

After our joyous confessions, he put me down. "So is the bath for one or am I invited? I promise no funny stuff... yet," as soon as he finished his sentence Azia started crying.

I laughed as he groaned in annoyance.

"Your child is crying. Might want to take care of her," He glared at me before making his way out of the bathroom.

All I could do was laugh as I strip the rest of my clothes off and get in the tub.

Damn! I should've brought my computer.

• • •

yallll i kept deleting and redoing this chapter cause i just didn't like anything i wrote 🥲 i don't really like this one either but it's cute 🫶🏾