Sipping my coffee I listened to her attentively, she was a brilliant manipulator and even got me to give my actions a second thought but then I thought in depth. If Veronica has been once in the contest and knows things better then why her company isn't sending her again? Most importantly how does she know about the confidential meeting outcomes when we never posted or mentioned it to any media company or people? That makes me rethink about Veronica, she's not what she seems to like but surely her mother has a genius business mind.

"Okay, I will give it a thought and reconsider meeting with Dhananjay Khurana to talk about it..." I just wanted her to leave because I usually don't get time for myself and she has come to do business which isn't of my liking. See the thing is I love the exposure but I'm not a dog running behind money. I earn it from my handwork so I wouldn't just consider rethinking my actions because some milf mentions about the money I can make.

Mrs. Jain smiled and spoke a few sweet words before leaving but Veronica narrowed her eyes at me with a smirk. I don't know what that is supposed to mean but thankfully they left. Getting out of that place I aligned, gym, beach, and spa relaxing myself. Coming back to the hotel suite I had a long relaxing bath in the jacuzzi, changing into a black lace lingering I got into my hotel bed plugging the dildo with the charging cable next to my bed.

The next morning, I woke up early and got dressed to head back home on the way I got the message from Ritika "As planned Armaan Goel has been taken under police custody. Rest is your game..." An evil smirk crept on my face. Getting inside the jet I stretched and checked the progress of the greenhouse plants. During this business trip, I did a lot of work including starting the work on the greenhouse project, collaborating with the fashion industry for my latest magazine, and framing Armaan Goel for medical fraud on the FDA (Food and Drug Administration)

Landing in Mumbai I got in my car and drove to the company just to show my face to the people standing at the protest. Because in the end, it's my company, I gave life to the pharma business under the Mehra group Raj Kund was going to sell the company long ago. Pharma company got me the exposure then I never stopped or looked back but I still respect the business from which I started. It's one of the reasons I hate Armaan for being the CEO of that company.

Bodyguards squat me out to the people surrounding the place with banners and protesting against us. I stood up on the stairs and called for Ritika, employees were shocked as I appeared but followed my orders. Ritika came outside with a mic and a notepad, "Media is just late... I called them again and informed them to cover everything. You need anything else..." I shook my head and grinned "I'm dying to meet him and just curious how would his handsome face look behind the bars..." she smirked, "Indeed he has a handsome face but that scowl on his face will be worth it it more than that..." we both smirked and did a fist tuck.

Media covered the place soon and I pretended to calm the people around. They were still protesting, "Fine... keep doing that and no one will help you as they all flew away. I have been the daughter of Mehra Groups and standing here to help you, people, like I did all these years." The crowd went silent. "Now that's much better..." I took a breath before my speech.

"Mehra Pharmaceutical Private Limited is still a part of Mehra Group even if it's taken over by the CEO of Goel Industries. I have come here leaving my work in Delhi because I know how it feels when the company being honest with the people all of a sudden does horrible things like this. The other directors and managers flew across the country to save themselves but they are not the ones to be blamed, I have always worked as my honorable father wanted me to do because I consider him as my God. But this time I don't stand with his idea to sell his majority stake to the CEO of Goel Industry."

"Because Mehra Groups has been serving the people, not a giving a crap about the losses in the business. Unfortunately, our new CEO has considered it as a business which he bought from my father and then became the CEO removing me, the daughter of Mehra Group from the position. I don't care about my personal relations with the CEO but I surely consider the needs of the people and wouldn't tolerate such fraud even if it's done by someone, I love they will be punished for it. This case will be studied by senior officers and whatever judgment they will take we will follow their orders. But I wouldn't let people down..." I ended my speech and walked down talking with some reporters and answering their questions.

Soon the crowd calmed and I left the place, my car stopped at a burger place. Ritika was sitting in my car tweeting from the sight of the company and checking the stock market. "Ishita this is not good stock prices have fallen too low than we expected. Some major deal has been canceled and equating the loss, it is about fifty lakhs in just an hour." I ordered the driver to get a cheese mac burger as I couldn't get out of the car or people would surround me. Peeping outside I saw my face flashing on a TV screen as the breaking news.

"Are you even hearing me?" I snapped out of her mention. "Yeah... Yeah... I have got cheese fries as well..." Ritika slaps her forehead, "Seriously you're crazy..." I took that as a compliment and then listened to her before replying, "Why should we worry Goel Family have a lot of riches flowing over and Armaan won't get bankrupt from this little loss. Remember he's the CEO and he has to handle all the losses." Ritika nodded.

I enjoyed the burger with fries, and coke while my phone was banging with aligned calls most of them were from Raj Kund. I got to see Armaan; a smile of victory was on my face because I knew how furious he would be sitting there. Some policemen helped me get inside the place, Armaan was wearing his formal suit and sitting on the chair at the other end of the round table. He gave me dead glares but I didn't care, "This is so bad, I thought you might be behind bars wearing ragged clothes and looking like a slacker murderer but here you are in a full air conditioning hall with VIP treatment." He sits back, "Why are you here? For my bail... don't worry Aadesh bhai will get me out from here in seconds." I chuckled as he thought I hadn't thought about it.

"Sweetheart, don't worry I will bring lunch for you in the prison like an ideal wife should." he knits his brows. "Are you deaf or your ears are filled with people's fake praises that you didn't hear what I said like not even a minute ago." I smiled at his childish behavior, "Give it a thought Armaan... you're here under custody for like an hour and forty minutes but your brother wasn't able to get you out as he could with his resources." His knuckles turned white as he fisted his hand. "You have days to think about it till then... bye-bye sweetheart..." Giving him a flying kiss I left the place.

Ritika rushed towards me, "Ishita... your mother was calling you it's something important..." I know what it is. The guard opened the door of Mehra Mansion and we drove inside the lawn four black cars and a white car were parked in the middle of the lawn. Walking inside the living room I hummed a song, seeing the serious faces of Raj Kund, my lovely mother, twenty black suit highly trained bodyguards, and a man on the good side of his forties sitting on the couch wearing a simple kurta with a gold chain around his neck.

══     ❀•°❀°•❀   ══

══     ❀•°❀°•❀   ══

Hi there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺