20. Chapter Twenty.

Start from the beginning

"You were the one who instructed Gabriel to encourage me to have sex with you in order to be set free, isn't it? You no longer want anything to do with me now that you've received what you wanted. You merely needed something from me to free me, which you accomplished." To put it mildly, I was hurt.

"Rena, you're not aware of how serious the issue is. Because she knows who you are, Sofia will use that information to her advantage to make your life unbearable, Gabriel had nothing to do with this. Before it's too late, I'm offering you the chance to escape." Dimitri answered by standing up.

Although I was aware that having sex with a mafia man was idiotic, I was still perplexed as to why I had so carelessly gone and clung to the one person that made me feel like I was wanted only to be used.

Even though I should be ecstatic that I would soon be free, I couldn't help but feel as though he had ripped a hole in my soul.

"And you're not in the least bit concerned that I'll expose you and your mob to the police?" I looked into his eyes, looking for answers.

"No, I trust that you won't along with other factors being that you have told me quite a few secrets of your own regarding your royal family." He responded.

How could I be such a fool?

"So you've basically been toying with me this entire time? Using me to win my trust? Were you enjoying playing with me Dimitri? Why the hell did you have sex with me?! Just fucking say it: You deceived me to gain my trust by fucking using me!" I had the strange sensation that my heart was ready to undergo a heart attack.

"Yes. I wanted to be certain that I could trust you." As tears ran down my cheeks, he delivered the chilling truth.

"You treated me with the same savagery that everyone else around me undergone. How could I have expected more from a mob boss like you? All of the things you previously mentioned to me were outright lies." I spoke in an effort to get him to deny it and insist that everything he had stated was true.

I was so sick of being mistreated and hurt that I would gladly believe him if he told me he actually cared about me.

"You haven't been treated poorly your entire life princess." Dimitri coldly stated.

"It was nothing intentional Layla." I smiled weakly at him as he was now fully clothed.

"How could that not be done on purpose? My vile stepmother, at the very least, had a scheme to get me out of the way. My father wanted to push me away from him because I made him think too much of the woman he had loved for a long time. But you, Dimitri, you just added the cherry on top by deceiving me while knowing you could." I snarled and spat at him.

"Your finished now that you've had your enjoyment. It was that simple. How effortless was it for you to gain my trust and then take advantage of me. You have no right to use someone as a result of anything. You are a horrible, vicious creature that preys on the innocent, and Sofia was right about that! Your union is merited, you two! Gratitude is due for your duplicity in return for my selflessness." I broke down in tears as he watched my visibly pained self.

"I thank you for showing me that you men are heartless, and that the next man who steps forward and exhibits even the smallest hint of what would pass for honesty I should run. You're not any better than my parents, in fact, Dimitri, you're even worse, and I fucking despise you for it!" I slapped him.

How could I possibly have believed that a killer with no compassion would treat me better than my own parents? I see now how foolish and gullible I was for letting my guard down and thinking something so ridiculous.

The fact that Dimitri was the man to whom I had given my virginity as he stood there observing me in every motion and showing no sign of remorse hurt me even more.

I used that as my cue to exit the room, escape this nonsensical place, and never look back, but before I could even open the door, it was immediately slammed shut and I was suddenly pinned against the door with my hands gripped into a tight hold by Dimitri.

We both stood there looking intently at each other, and I noticed an emotion for the first time since I had been raging at him—a resistance to expressing his genuine thoughts and feelings, as if he were struggling with it—as well as lust.

We both heard the harsh blending of our own breathing as my chest surged and floated. I observed as his gaze briefly strayed to my lips before refocusing on mine.

The air between us grew thick and I felt a tingling sensation start to radiate from my abdomen. I wanted to kiss him, to lose myself in his arms. But I resisted. Instead, I just looked at him, studying the features of his handsome face, until eventually I felt the tension break.

His exquisite, warm lips slammed against mine, yanking me close to him. Immediately captivated by his touch and forceful lips, I allowed my body and mind to surrender to him and let myself be entirely possessed by him as I recklessly kissed him in return.

The heat of his embrace enveloped me as I felt his strong, muscular arms pulling me closer. His tongue explored my mouth, eagerly tasting me and sharing the warmth of our intertwined emotions.

His fingertips softly grazed against my skin, sending shivers throughout my body. My heart raced with excitement as I realized this wasn't just a simple kiss, but one that expressed our intense desire and longing for each other.

Our kiss grew deeper and more passionate, conveying how we both felt about each other.

***********

Less than 20 comments on this chapter means I will skip the make out session with these two in the upcoming chapter😂🙃