🖇 (6-shot) All I've Ever Wanted ~ 4

Heyyy Guysss! Here's part 4! Hope ya'll like it! <3 

=================

"Karan" Monami uttered. They gazed at each other for a while, both of them felt the butterflies in their stomachs reviving. Temporarily though, but after so long was Karan holding Monami, his Rani Sahiba in his arms. 

"Monami, I- uh" he said as he tightened his grip on her. "What was happening?" thought Monu, she cleared her throat and straightened herself, pulling her hands from off of around his nape.

Karan: Wh-what are you doing here? he asked, looking straight into her eyes.

Monami knew exactly what he meant but played it like she was oblivious to it, "Woh actually, I spilled some wine on my clothes so I was just looking for a bathroom" she said, looking everywhere just not at him. 

Karan sighed as he took a step closer to her, she stepped back as she gulped, "Monami come on...You know what I mean.."

Monu folded her arms over her chest, she didn't answer. "Monami, what are you doing at this wedding" he asked more clearly. 

A frown stiffened onto her face, "really?" she said, sounding agitated. She looked to him, "tumne mujhe shaadi mein invite kiya toh mein kaise na aati?" she gritted her teeth, he knew she didn't want to be here either. 

Karan reached out for her hand and held it gently, "meine nahi kiya, I swear" he said making her eyes soften a bit, only for a second before he said, "You know..you shouldn't be here.."

Monami jerked her hand away from his hold, "Why?" she asked firmly. She felt so, so angry at him, at the audacity he had. He hesitated a bit before he finally uttered, "Because we.. uhhh...because you still l-" 

Monami: I don't love you anymore, she declared loud and clear but a part of her ached. Her heart. She knew it wasn't true but it still had to be put out there.

His eyes dimmed, those five words affected him. A lot. But he tried his hardest to maintain an indifferent expression.  

"And you know what! I wish I'd never met you! I don't need you..I don't want you...Not anymore", she snapped. 

The words hurt him, a ton...But he knew they were what he deserved to hear. "Monami listen, I- I'm sorry" he said after seeing the tears that had formed in her eyes. 

"Okay" she said as a mocking laugh escaped her mouth. "What do you want me to do with your sorry?" she looked directly into his eyes, not hiding her emotions this time. 

He saw pain, hurt and anger...all that she'd experienced within the past few months, thanks to him.

In that moment he didn't care what situation they were presently in, all that mattered was that her, the first girl he'd given his heart to, the only girl he'd ever love was in this state all because of him. 

He couldn't control himself, his arms slided straight across her waist while he held her to himself, tightly. She resisted but he didn't let go. Monami closed her eyes as tears flowed down her face and onto his shirt. 

He clasped her so tight that they were nearly one person. Monami didn't reciprocate nor did she resist anymore. She just stayed still, letting him comfort her, nothing else seemed to matter in that moment. It just didn't. If hugs healed, Karan promised himself he'd hold her for the entire night. 

Karan hadn't seen her in-person since he broke things off at the academy- But that didn't mean he hadn't kept any checks on her. He just didn't have the guts to face her after how he'd treated her because he knew Monu didn't deserve it, she didn't deserve any pain that he'd given to her, she was so selfless that the world owed her all the happiness and love.