🌙 (3-Shot) Karan's Monami ~ 1

Heyyyy Guys! It's Vera here and I thought of another OS idea, hope ya'll like it! Thank-you sooo much for 2k views and 200+ votes! I really appreciate it! ❤️

Background Info: Karan and Monami used to date but due to a few misunderstandings, their differences in views and distance, things didn't really work out. This shot is based on their meet again after a few years, with Karan being Monami's trainer and her being his cadet.

========

Three Years. 156 Weeks. 1,095 Days.

That is how long it had been since Monami and Karan had last seen each other physically and they planned to keep it that way, it was easier suppressing bittersweet memories rather than reliving them and regretting their past decisions.

Even though they missed each other, both of them had managed to move on and lead successful professional lives, Karan as a special agent and Monami as a doctor, they both were super dedicated and successful in their respective fields.

Everything was going as it was when Monami decided she wanted to do something for her country, give back and become a hero like her mother. A dream to join Parakram SAF brewed inside her heart and upon asking, her father strictly declined, she knew his fear was loosing her, after-all she was his only family.

Monami spared no effort to convince her father, upon her continuously pleading he hesitantly agreed and let her go on the condition that she would call and text everyday, after convincing her best friend Siddarth Ganju to accompany her, both travelled to Parakram SAF for their training.

Monami was extremely excited to start a new journey but little did she know the surprise that awaited her~

====

"Faizi-Sanju! Jaldi karo tum dono, late nahi ho sakte! Kya impression parhega unn namuno par humara!" An annoyed Karan yelled on the phone to his two good friends, who were also his colleagues.

"Agayo hum sir ji!" Karan heard from behind him, he jumped off of his jeep and went towards the two. "Kon sa short cut leke aarahe ho tum dono?! Purey daas(10) minute late ho!" he scolded. "Woh saab namune bhi aate hi hoge!"-

"Yeh lijiye" Faizi said as he forwarded Karan an ice cold bottle of water, "Yeh pee lijiye warna aaj unn saab "namuno" ke aane se pehle hi hum dono maare jaige" he joked, Sanjana let out a stifled laugh.

Karan glared at them but before he could say anything more they head the horn of the bus behind them, "Lagto hai woh aagye ho" Sanjana said. "Iss baar kismat se baach gaye hum dono Sanju " Faizi whispered to Sanjana and both of them sighed a breath of relief.

The three of the special agents switched to their professional and strict avatar and approached the bus that was now parked on the side of the road. One by one each of the selected cadets started to depart from the vehicle. Each of them greeted the trio one by one as they formed a straight line in front of them, immediately feeling intimidated.

"Sid iss baar tujhe serious rehna hoga, no jokes- dekha saab ko, trainers ko dekh ke kitna darr ke khare hai" Monami whispered to Siddarth looking out the right side window as they waited in line to exit the bus.

Sid: Monu bro! Tu chill kar! Kuch nahi hoga, bilkul party jaisi feeling aaigi but instead of drinking and dancing hum exercise and "dishoom dishoom" kareinge!

"Shhssh!" Monami shushed Sid as it was their turn to step foot out of the bus, she smiled and mentally asked her mother to make things simple for her, although Monami had lost her mother at a very young age, she'd always known that her mom was looking over her.

She grasped her brooch,"Lehron se darr kar nauka paar nahi hoti aur koshish karne walon ki kabhi haar nahi hoti" Monu reminded herself and without looking at the trainers she went and straight-away stood in the line along with Sid.

The bus driver drove away - Monu introduced herself to the lady next to her, "Hello I'm Monami, Monami Mahajan" and that Karan heard. He scanned the line frantically and there she stood, just a few feet away from him.

Karan zoned out for a second, he wanted to go and right away hug her but that obviously would be very wrong and would definitely raise loads of questions amongst everyone else so he remained mum and retained a stoic face, it wasn't the time to deal with personal matters right now.

Karan cleared his throat to get everyone's attention, "Good Afternoon Cadets, I'm Special Agent Karan Shergill"

Faizi: And I am Special Agent Faizuddin Siddiqui-

Sanjana: Aur hum hai Special Agent Sanjana Dubey,

The trainers introduced themselves but the first name had frozen Monami, "it couldn't be!" she thought to herself. She lifted her gaze and saw him standing there indifferently,"Has he seen me?" Monu thought.

"Monu bro!" Sid nudged her arm, "Tera ex boyfriend toh aab tera trainer hai, aab toh party teri life mein hogi, woh bhi every single day"

Monami: Shut up Sid, god aisa kyun horaha hai mere saath!?

Sid: Kyunke god hai tere saath, woh jaante hai ke tu Karan se completely move on nahi kar payi, second chance samajlo...

Monami: Chup kar Sid! Fazool ki baatein mat kar- we're almost like strangers, ussne ek dafa bhi meri taraf nahi dekha!

Sid: Bro! listen y-

Siddarth was cut off by Karan, "The three of us will be your trainers at Parakram SAF for the next few months, we expect you all to put in your best, stay focused and no nonsense will be tolerated".

"YES SIR!" all the cadets exclaimed at once, "Good" Karan said-

Faizi: Aaj aap log sabhi yahan se trek karke academy pouche ge, us three will accompany you all and observe the skills you guys already attain.

With the excitement and nervousness of taking the first step of their new journey, the cadets nodded and followed behind Sanjana who led them. Monami passed by Karan, their arms brushed against each other and the world seemed to stop for a moment. They stared into each other's orbs forgetting everything for the nonce.

"Monu Bro!" Sid called out, breaking MoRan's trance- Monami passed Karan a smile while he tore his gaze away from her face and walked away. Monami was a little hurt by the way Karan had treated her, no hi's, hello's or hugs- he'd acted like she was nothing more than a stranger to him. "Khadoos like always!" she murmured under her breath before running to catch up with the others.

Karan had temporarily blocked out his feelings and was trying his best to avoid Monami, he caught her stealing glances at him several times during the trek but he had to stay focused and professional.

"Sanjana Mam, I need to use the restroom" Monami said to Sanju who replied, "Yahan paas mein hi ek stall hai, usske picho miljao ga, hum saab yaho par hi tumhara intezaar kar raho ho"~ Monu nodded and thanked her while Sanjana announced a ten minute break.

The cadets sat on the rocks to rest and had water while Monami made her way to the stall, Karan noticed her from the corner of his eyes, "Rani Sahiba khidar jaa rahi hai? Jungle hai, yahan pe kabhi aayi bhi nahi hai, ghum jaigi....I should go behind her....for her safety of course, meri cadet hai, my responsibility". he glanced over at Sanjana and Faizi who were having a chat with some of the cadets, he took the opportunity and left from there, going behind Monami.

//To Be Continued//

"The first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away" (-Nicholas Sparks)

(Published: Jan 7th, 2022)

============

Thank-you for reading! Please do drop in your views. 💜 (Word Count: 1300)

Lots of love and stay safeee ❤️

~ Vera 🌸