✨ (3-Shot) You & I ~ 2

Heyyy Everyone! It's Vera here, hope ya'll like this part- Thank you soo much for all the love on the previous ones! ❤️

==================

Monami and Karan gazed at their interlocked hands and then at each other, both of them had things they needed to confront each other for but didn't know where to start. Monami was scared to receive another heartbreak but a new flare of hope had been ignited in her heart seeing Karan's changed behaviour.

He didn't treat all the cadets like this, she was special for him and she knew that...Monami was hurt that he'd rejected her but still, she knew Karan had realized something, something significant had definitely happened but she just couldn't point out what exactly.

"Mein tumse bohot, bohot zyada pyaar karta houn, I really really love you Monami"

The sentence he'd maybe said to her kept ringing inside her head, making her blush and giving her courage and also hope.

After a few minutes of silence Monami cleared her throat and begun speaking, "Karan, humare beech inn pichle one-two days mein jo kuch bhi hua usske liye I'm sorry"

Karan smiled faintly, "Tum kyun sorry bol rahi ho Monami, I should say sorry....Meine jaise dinner pe behave kiya waisa m-"

Monami interrupted, "Tumne theek kiya tha Karan...Aneesh did try to spike the drink...at least that's what he tried to show you".

Karan: Tumhe yeh kaise pata? he asked confused-

Monami: Meine wahan ke staff se request karke CCTV footage dekh li thi....I know ke tum baseless claims nahi karte but Aneesh mera college time friend hai and I didn't think ke woh aisa kar sakta hai...

Karan: Oh...a part of him satisfied that Monami didn't misunderstand him anymore.

Monami: I'm sorry, meine gusse mein pata nahi kya kya bol diya, woh actually w-

Karan: It's okay, forget all that Monami, he smiled.

Monami: When I said I trust Aneesh I did not really mean it, mein sirf jaana chahati thi ke usske intentions kya hai...Lekin phir woh landslide and everything happened ke I forgot all that....

Karan blinked his eyes reassuringly as a wide smile spread across his face, their past misunderstandings were sorta cleared, traditionally now seemed like the best time to get his "dil ki baat" across verbally.

Karan: Monami I-I need to tell you something...he nervously fidgeted while Monami's anxiousness increased by a mile.

Monami nodded faintly, "I-I" he paused for a second and thought, "not now!", not in the dispensary, his special girl deserved to be proposed to in a special way and Karan was going to make sure she got the proposal she deserved.

"I-I think you should take rest, baaki baatein baad mein okay? mein yahin par houn tumahra paas" he said and disappointment immediately washed over Monu's face, she disheartenedly nodded, not aware of the train that was running through Karan's head.

Karan helped Monu lay down while he sat beside her, tightly clasping her hand. This peace was needed after the day they'd had and the overflow of happiness that awaited them.

=====

Monami had-had the best sleep, she woke up to find no sign of Karan but Aneesh and Faizi there. Monami jerked her hand away from Aneesh and sat up, "Karan kahan hai?" was her first question, infuriating Aneesh.

Faizi smiled and approached Monami, "Woh abhi yahin par tha, abhi paanch minute pehle gaya hai, Batra Sir ka call aya tha na...Ussne humein hi tumhare paas baithne ko kaha tha, Aneesh toh abhi aya hai, kaha check up karne aya hai toh meine undar aane diya warna Karan ne sakhti se maana kiya tha...kissi ko tumhe disturb na karne doun"

Monami nodded at Faizi, she turned to look at the clock on the wall, "almost dinner time hogaya hai, mein apne room mein jaa ke fresh hoke aati houn" she said and stood from the bed.

Aneesh: Aao Monami, let me help you, he put his hand forward but Monami declined, politely of course. "It's okay, I can manage" she slipped on her shoes and left the dispensary, angering Aneesh and making Faizi chuckle.

-------

A few minutes later Monami headed towards the mess, changed in casual attire. Excitement spread over her as she read the menu for the day, chocolate cake, her most favourite dessert was listed.

"I never thought ke yahan par Dilbag Ji ko aise cheat desserts banane ki permission hogi!" she thought but shrugged it off. Monami jolted inside the mess and saw the special agents and cadets all sitting mixed together- Of course, Aneesh and Karan at different tables though.

Monami grabbed her tray off of the counter, thanked Dilbag Ji and walked over to people she now considered more than her family. From the corner of her eyes she saw Aneesh making space for her and smirking at Karan mockingly, "confidence toh bohot hi high hai isska" she murmured to herself before setting her tray down and taking a seat next to Karan.

Aneesh glared at the two in envy, he didn't get why Monami was being so ignorant towards him, everything had been fine until the landslide, he was really alarmed with the way Monami and Karan were being, he just hoped they wouldn't choose to confess until he thought of another solid plan against Karan.

During dinner Karan adored Monu enjoying her piece of chocolate cake, thanking her luck but little did she know what she'd been considering to have gotten by luck was actually all planned by her Khadoos Shergill.

He had a lot more surprises in stock for her for the night, hoping they'd make today's day a memorable one, that ended with happiness and joy.

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice but falling in love with you I had no control over." (-Teresa Conroy)

//To Be Continued//

===================

Thanks for reading! I had planned to write the confession in this part but it isn't complete yet so next part'll be updated soon! 💜

Lot's of love and stay safeeee ❤️

~ Vera 🌸